HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: alumacraft boat questions

Post Thanks / Like

Default alumacraft boat questions

I have been looking at a 2018 Alumacraft Pro 185. I like the way the boat is set up. I am considering this boat because you can get a lot of boat and motor for a few thousand less than G3, Ranger, and Triton. I do have a few concerns so if any of you own a boat like this, can you please respond. When I opened the compartment lids the bottom of the storage compartments had about 2 or 3 inches of water in the bottom. I asked the guy why because it looked like the inside rise lip would have kept rain out. He said a normal rain would not cause that but it came a very heavy rain the day before. He did say however they had to send one back due to water getting inside like that but they fixed it. I just wonder if this is a common issue and if it does it every time it rains or only like he said when it's a heavy rain. Also the compartment lids seem very tight and hard to open and close. Do any of you have this issue? The console did not seem as secure to me as it should be. Overall though the boat looks solid. It looks better built to me than the higher priced G3. The trailer looked more sturdy. I just wonder if those issues are worth the difference in the price. Can any of you who might own one give me your pros and cons? Also if you have owned one and also owned one of the other brands, let me know which one you felt was better. Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

I love mine, no problems. AlumaCraft makes a tough boat!

Post Thanks / Like

If the trailer tongue is raised and drain plug left out, there shouldn't be any pooling water. But if the trailer tongue is left down on pretty much any boat, water will pool.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Eric
    Likes Hanr3, Speck Detector, primitivefrn LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Ive been rained on pretty good and my compartments stay dry including my center rod compartment, but i also have a deep v competitor. I will say i am not familiar with the pro's. Last trip to lake wateree, sc i had 10 inches of water in my hull when i loaded boat and pulled drain plug, no water in compartment. I do get some condensation though here in the south and never a bad idea to let them air out when sitting in the garage.
    Likes primitivefrn LIKED above post
    Thanks GreenLine thanked you for this post

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trypman1 View Post
    I love mine, no problems. AlumaCraft makes a tough boat!
    I agree. My Alumacraft crappie Jon will outlive me.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

I have the dominator 175, we have been caught in a couple really hard downpours and had no leakage at all into the compartments.

2017 MiCDC fall crappie guide of the year (FCGOTY)
    Member: “Michigan chapter of Team Overalls
    Haulin Ash Fishing Rocks-"D"
    Caution: If we fish together, you may be on YouTube

Post Thanks / Like

I was considering that same boat but at 6'2 and 280 pounds decided that the console area was a little cramped on me. I looked at Triton and Ranger aluminum and also noticed wet storage compartments. I bought a Tidewater 1910 which has dry compartments. If I had to do it over I would also consider the Vexus aluminum boats. They look pretty sweet.

Post Thanks / Like

mustfish I looked at the Vexus boats and I love them. However they are a little high priced. I have been told they are pretty much a renamed Ranger. I have no clue about that though.

Post Thanks / Like

Default alumacraft boat questions

With the same Suzuki and no options the alumacraft comes up to a grand more on the boat builder, than the Vexus 189 and it includes a basic TM and charger. Is the alumacraft dealer giving some big discounts?

Eric

Post Thanks / Like

Enjoy your boat hunting. Looking for the right one is half the fun.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast