HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Simplicity

Post Thanks / Like

Default Simplicity

I think not . Some folks including myself promote the ketchn of crappie as easy squeezy .
    To be sure it is ....AFTER lots of failed attempts and days of not much and being in the wrong place at the wrong time . A bud and I discussed our success and the many reasons we are on fish regularly . The ins the outs and the what if’s .
    I have relatively good visits to the water in most cases , but to be sure I have years under my belt at these spots and know when and where it’s likely the fish will be there .
    Some locations a month is it and yet others it might be year round . Yet other spots spring and fall and some just spring . So if I make it look easy and or it seems I am always on them ,remind yourself I have countless hours of dipping jigs in spots and trying to figure out what makes them tick .
    No photos included as I don’t have the time these days to upload them easily and I will post up about this week later as it’s been fun .
    But to be sure in the end stay after them and never say never and keep a log of some sort that reminds you when and where . Lots of times they are in the same spots every year at the same times ....
    Tip a the week yawl
    And Kaboom
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Thanks chaunc thanked you for this post

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Great tip!

"But to be sure in the end stay after them and never say never and keep a log of some sort that reminds you when and where"
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, excellent advice.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

Well I usually can tell you where the fish aren't at!!

Post Thanks / Like

I keep a log of every trip. It has sure has helped me find fish most times.
    Been keeping records for the last eight years.

Post Thanks / Like

kept a log for long time but now can't find it. oh well, story of my retired life.
    Likes "G" LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Practice and persistence pays. Attitude has something to do with it too. If you keep working to crack the code, more times than not, you will.

Jim

Post Thanks / Like

I agree theres nothing better for improving your catching success then time on the water,keeping up with where they are,what they are doing and what they are wanting to bite.No fancy gadget or gizmo in the world makes up for experience,at least thats my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with you Ketchn. I post pics several days a week (off deer season of course) but being on the water a lot brings with it enough experience to find fish most of the time but in the beginning it was more miss than hit.

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exactly how i do it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast