Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: hazelhill

Post Thanks / Like

Default hazelhill

went out to hazelhill today, wind was tough but the bite was on. my buddy and i both limited out. no real size average prolly 8 to 8 1/2, few around 11. but that lake isn't know for a lot of big crappie. but man it was a blast just get'n to catch a lot of fish, those small ones taste just as good as the big ones:D
    why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm gonna try and get down there this week or next with my dad and brother. What were they biting on and how deep?

Post Thanks / Like

we were trolling in the open water mostly, were the channel is which still isnt very deep. caught a few up shallow but mainly 15 ft. of water about 7 ft down. would troll around the lake and hit a school and pick several up then have to move. we were using tube jigs with a crappie nibble (of course) mostly anything bright. anything with some sparkle seem to work a little better. they were hitting it real real lite. caught several dinky dinky guys, start catching the 3 or 4 inchers just needed to move a bit. hope the front doesn't turn them off. good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

hope the front doesn't turn them off.
    me too, wish I could get out tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

Man I have only caught bass out of there. I'll be about 20 minutes from there when I get back home. My have to start hitting that place if I can get my butt off of LOZ and Truman. Congrats
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Good to see, Slayer. It sure beats The Dead Sea (Maple Leaf), doesn't it? The crappies aren't big but there are a ton of them in that lake. They need to be thinned out. I caught between 30 and 40 last week one day. I only kept fish 10" or larger. I only caught 3 that size so I kept ZERO.

Bob

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

where is hazelhill ?

Post Thanks / Like

Hazel Hill Is located just North of Warrensburg off Hwy 13. It's a MO CA.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

You can use a gas motor but it is "NO WAKE" speeds. The lake is patrolled frequently also.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks, guys, nothing to write home about but still a great time. had tickets to the home opener on monday, me and my buddy gave them away and went back out to the hill. knew it was gonna be the last nice day and fishing comes first, well family first then fishing, then hunting. tore them up again, just dinks though, they were up shallower. got a couple good successful days in on a lake finally, i was happy. gonna cheat a little and hit a farm pond with my buddy friday and saturday, cold front has not turned them off in his little honey hole. he's been catching some really nice ones, i'll try and get some pictures and post them if farm pond pics are allowed. i'm a newbie! any word on maple leaf? i havn't been out there for a little over a week, are the fish still have lock jaw? good fishing to ya guys