HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OH my nose

Post Thanks / Like

Default OH my nose

I guess at the ripe old age of 47 I've got old man skin. My nose got sunburned earlier in the summer and now even a little sun exposure gets it red again. The skin on my nose has been like alligator skin all summer after getting burned the first time. I've got a tube of SPF 50 waterproof sunscreen that I'm putting on it every single day, whether I fish or not and I also wear either a straw hat or my Tilley if it isn't too hot. I do have to take either hat off when I'm driving the boat and I guess that's when I get bit.

So, what do you guys with thin skin put on your nose or face to keep from getting burned?

I may have to break out that solid white zinc stuff.

I thought about getting one of those buffs like all the cool Bassmaster wannabes wear, but I don't want anybody to think I'm a bass fisherman. LOL
    Likes 1187mg, "G", zig zag LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I use SPF 100 and a buff.
    Likes Crestliner08 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FurFlyin View Post
    I do have to take either hat off when I'm driving the boat and I guess that's when I get bit.
    I wear a baseball cap. The buff holds it in place when moving.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm 71 now and paying for my stupid exposure to the sun years ago by having skin cancers removed. So far I have been lucky and they have been isolated, non-malignant, and have not spread. I'm hoping my luck holds out. Don't let that be you.

For you younger guys, wear a sun hat giving protection to not only your face but the back of your neck, a place often ignored. Wear sleeves, and yes, I know they are hot. But nowadays lightweight sun protective garments are available. Unless, of course, you enjoy having cancerous pieces of your body cut away.

Tom
    Likes Cray, Robert Haynes LIKED above post

Eagle 1 is offline Crappie.com Legend and Mississippi Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Does your "TILLEY" not have chin strings ? Should stay on if adjusted while running big motor .

Post Thanks / Like

The buff is great for riding! Protects you from wind burn as well!
    Always looking to meet up and fish in the Polk County, FL area.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I started applying SPF 100 this year, after years of using SPF 30 products. I've got SA Company Face Shields & a boonie hat that stays in my boat, plus a "neck shade" that can be worn over a ball cap. I also carry a old white dress shirt or my long sleeved light blue Rustic Ridge UV block shirt. I also carry & wear Sun Gloves.

The SA Company offers many different items (hats, shirts, buffs, sleeves), and run "specials" on their (buffs) Face Shields for like 5 for $10. I got a white one for hot weather & some darker colored ones for cooler but sunny weather times.

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FurFlyin View Post
    I guess at the ripe old age of 47 I've got old man skin. My nose got sunburned earlier in the summer and now even a little sun exposure gets it red again. The skin on my nose has been like alligator skin all summer after getting burned the first time. I've got a tube of SPF 50 waterproof sunscreen that I'm putting on it every single day, whether I fish or not and I also wear either a straw hat or my Tilley if it isn't too hot. I do have to take either hat off when I'm driving the boat and I guess that's when I get bit.
    You
    So, what do you guys with thin skin put on your nose or face to keep from getting burned?

I may have to break out that solid white zinc stuff.

I thought about getting one of those buffs like all the cool Bassmaster wannabes wear, but I don't want anybody to think I'm a bass fisherman. LOL
    Like T_om said don't wait. I'm in same boat as him. Got a divert in my nose non cancerous, one on jaw bone that was. Have had several frozen off side of face and under eyes non cancerous. Who gives a d%%% what you look like out there with a buff. Wear one. Wearing all the hats world work to a point but the sun reflecting off water under your hat is what gets you. And I would suggest with your nose acting like it is, get to a dermatologist and have it looked at before its to late.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Likes Redge, Robert Haynes LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cray View Post
    Wearing all the hats world work to a point but the sun reflecting off water under your hat is what gets you.
    This ^^^^^

That's why skiers have problems with skin cancer. It's the sun reflecting off the snow.

Post Thanks / Like

For the past several years I've been using Neutrogena "UltraSheer" Dry Touch SPF 100+. My nose use to get and stay red.....and flake. No more.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."
    Likes Mikie LIKED above post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast