PDA

View Full Version : Huge Thank You to Big River Marine

Speck
09-04-2018, 08:03 PM
Long story Long, The wife and I were out on the boat today. Everything was running great. We ran about 5-6 miles from the ramp and stopped to fish. When we got ready to move, my motor wouldn't go in reverse. Slipped easily in forward and neutral but no reverse. I start fearing the worst so we head in. I had to beach the boat to back the truck down the ramp. Got back in the boat and still no reverse. I couldn't even get the lever to move to the reverse position. I put the boat on the trailer and up on the parking lot. I turned the prop and couldn't hear any grinding noise from the lower unit and the prop turned smoothly. I was sweating bullets and headed home. On the way home I got an emergency electric service call so I dropped the boat off at the house and took care of the service call. When I finally got back home, I called Bill (Big River Marine). I described what happened and what the symptoms were. He diagnosed what he thought was the problem from 250 miles away. I went out and checked the things he suggested and I found a loose screw that had jammed the linkage. I was so danged relieved I was giddy. I called him back and told him what I found. He knew that was one of the few problems he thought it could be due to the symptoms. Bill, Thanks again for being there to help out a friend. YOU ARE THE MAN!!!

Redge
09-04-2018, 08:12 PM
Nice job BRM! Thanks for helping a brother out, sincerely.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87936)

BarryG
09-04-2018, 08:22 PM
It's nice to know people that can help you out from a distance!

BigRiverMarine
09-04-2018, 08:34 PM
No problem my friend. Glad to help, even if it was a lucky guess. [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shipahoy41
09-05-2018, 05:37 AM
We are all our brother's keeper. It is a blessing to hear of man's humanity to other men. Thank you for posting this.

"D"
09-05-2018, 11:14 PM
Good job Bill. Of course you would know about loose screws......:yikes..... just kidding friend.

"G"
09-10-2018, 07:44 AM
Good job Bill

PawPaw "gene"
09-10-2018, 07:54 AM
I wouldn't say a luck guess, rather I think it was an educated guess. Either way, good job.
"gene"

Slab
09-11-2018, 07:01 PM

Good job Mr. Bill

Gindog
10-07-2018, 08:04 AM
Skeck I have to say the same about Bill. I been so happy after buying my new boat from him. He been there every time I have call him. If I would ever buy another boat BRM the place I'm go back to. There nothing like great customer service and a help hand when needed.

Northforker
10-07-2018, 05:48 PM
Let me guess, its the two little screws on the shifter release? same thing happened to me except it wouldn't go forward or backward. I suggest you put some loc tite on those screws or it will happen again.