HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fishing.Crappie.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing.Crappie.com

I'm working on an additional front end for Crappie.com. It's address is: fishing.crappie.com

The idea behind it is, we currently have the Forums, and the Articles Home Page; now I want to add ANOTHER LEVEL. You can kinda call it a BOOK or MAGAZINE Level. This will not really be a big deal for our membership, but it will for the General Fishing Public. Us members will likely have already seen the material being published in the Crappie.com BOOK area. The idea is to refine, organize and even spell check the information held in Crappie.com. Us members may use the new area as a reference guide, but additionally newbies, should be able to search and find good info here.

I'm not sure if you all remember, but the search engines used to show Crappie.com pages all the time. They don't really rank us well anymore, perhaps because we do not use good spelling. or perhaps because the info is not organised well enough for them. So I'm looking to organize and present the wealth of our knowledge here to make it easier to reference for fishermen everywhere.

There are two parts, one part will be where I take selected articles from our current home page (maybe once a week), spell check it, fix up some grammar, and promote it to the Articles Page on fishing.crappie.com here: Crappie Fishing Articles - Crappie Fishing

But the big page will be the "How To" page, or what we call it the "Tips and Techniques" page here:
    Crappie Fishing Tips and Techniques - Crappie Fishing

This Tips and Techniques page is supposed to be a simple intro to crappie fishing. And then it will have links to more detail. As an example, if you look at the page now, there's a general overview of Spider Rigging. But Spider Rigging is detailed, super detailed. So there will be a link to more detail there in that paragraph. I need that detail. I need your help to locate that detail. It's there on crappie.com somewhere, but I need it to either be pointed out to me, or for it to be written up nicely enough. If you decide to participate in the project and help, you will of course be given credit in the article.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

Looks very good so far --- like the changes ---- thanks for the time put into this.

You know them Louiziana fishermen can't spell --- so spel ckec MIGHT help em.

You do a great job with this site --- love it.
    Last edited by zig zag; 09-04-2018 at 09:46 AM.
    -------> "Go ahead --- leave me on the dock --- see if I care" <-------
    Likes Slab, Blackhawk19 LIKED above post

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Boss .... I don't know about the spellcheck system, but I've run across several words that are spelled correctly & still get the red underline thingy denoting an incorrect spelling .... like thermocline or bobber, for instance.

And how many searches & corrections is it going to take to correct the spelling of "minner" ... when we all know what we're referring to, or the misspelling of Striper (when that extra "p" is added and changes the whole meaning of the word ), not to mention that even the correct spelling (Striper) gets the red underline !!

Many of the words we use are "colloquial terminology" ... for sure ... but, I hope we don't have to go to the extent of a "Urban Dictionary" to define what we're talking about.
    Likes scrat, Jamesdean LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappiePappy View Post
    And how many searches & corrections is it going to take to correct the spelling of "minner" ...
    ... not to mention "ketch", "ketched" or "ketching". :rolleyes:

We'd also need to translate any reference to Richard Gene: "And jus go fishn when ya can cause its gooood fer ya!!"

This site is an English teacher's nightmare.
    Likes scrat, flintcreek, Jamesdean LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappiePappy View Post
    Boss .... I don't know about the spellcheck system, but I've run across several words that are spelled correctly & still get the red underline thingy denoting an incorrect spelling .... like thermocline or bobber, for instance.

And how many searches & corrections is it going to take to correct the spelling of "minner" ... when we all know what we're referring to, or the misspelling of Striper (when that extra "p" is added and changes the whole meaning of the word ), not to mention that even the correct spelling (Striper) gets the red underline !!

Many of the words we use are "colloquial terminology" ... for sure ... but, I hope we don't have to go to the extent of a "Urban Dictionary" to define what we're talking about.
    I ain't got no prob with what ever anyone posts, how ever they spel anyting. This is sposed to be the part of the site they can use to teach english class. The Crappie.com BOOK perhaps at some point, dono! And you're right pappy, thermocline or bobber got the red lines, and there ain't no good reason for that.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

Minnow is the name of the boat on Gilligans Island, minner is a tiny fish used fer fishin. Gewber, Goober, I think Gewber is the correct name? This be important stuff!!

Sent from my SM-G530P using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Likes Brimfisher, scrat LIKED above post

cevans is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

And ya might find out you will have trouble explaining to the masses who BillBob is or who has that name for sure! Not to mention “D” , “G”, Cane Pole, crappiepappy, Slab, and all other names on here!

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    authorized by: Billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

This is a funny read....LOL To funny....
    Likes Jamesdean LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting stuff indeed. I think the Crappie.com Book is an awesome concept... but I believe it would likely need a full time developer or producer to assure it tracking (continuously) as you might envision it. I'm sure keeping up with all of this stuff is extremely challenging.
    "Just Like Iron Sharpens Iron... So it is that One Man Sharpens Another Man." Proverbs 27:17

Post Thanks / Like

Yikes don't give away too many secrets Slab.:rolleyes: Looks good so far going to be a lot of good help for people like me trying to learn how to crappie fish.
    Be safe and good luck fishing
    Likes ozarks ranger LIKED above post

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast