Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deal of the day Academy Sports

Post Thanks / Like

Default Deal of the day Academy Sports

Went to Academy to get some Series 31 batteries for pontoon boat just bought and happened to see they had marine battery chargers on shelf, sales person told me they didn't have any in stock.. put this under their scanner at end of aisle and it came up 19.98 thought to myself no way.. I then took it up to a cashier and had her scan it same price so heck yes I bought it, it came up 199.98 on their web site..

After going online and reviewing this charger I believe I'm going to order a better one and keep this as a back up, I want one that conditions and equalizes the batteries every now and then, Minn Kota has a few that equalize the batteries.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by dbowling; 08-31-2018 at 05:44 PM.
    Likes TN. WATERSHED LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Can't beat the price for sure. I recently bought a digital Minn Kota 3 bank and it has been one of the best boat purchases I've made in a long time.
    Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me"

Wear that PFD, the life you save might be your own!!

Post Thanks / Like

Makes you wonder if that's good for all stores or just the one.

Worth a phone call in the morning, can't find it on their website.

I've gotten some crazy good deals from Academy before, 300 dollar sausage stuffer for 99$, hitch couplers for 2$, etc.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm thinking that was a clerical error, and the store just had to sell it at the marked price. I've seen it happen before.
    Likes wannabe fisherman, Nutbush LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappiePappy View Post
    I'm thinking that was a clerical error, and the store just had to sell it at the marked price. I've seen it happen before.

Nope Academy Sports have killer deals like this all the time when they are trying to clear out merchandise. If you ever see a few items sitting to the side, you would do yourself a favor to run them thru the scanner. I have gotten super deals doing this at Academy. Four years ago I purchased 3 BnM Sharpshooter rods for 25 cent apiece. Infact I just purchased some Bobby Garland and Mr Crappie plastics for .68 a bag. They key to getting great deals at Academy is you have to ignore the listed price signs and run the items thru the scanner.

Post Thanks / Like

the only reason I even scanned these was the price tag had been torn off the front of shelf and all other chargers had them so out of curiosity I checked..glad I did now

Post Thanks / Like

Called the local store this morning. None marked clearance, price check on the RS3 still showing retail. Darn.

Post Thanks / Like

think I just got lucky

Post Thanks / Like

Yes running thru scanner can pay off big. We were in one a few weeks ago and one of the guys was wanting a new med light walleye rod. Picked up a Berkley lightning with no tag and it scanned at$15. Let's just say he's good on walleye rods now!

Post Thanks / Like

I've seen this. Individual stores will drop prices very low because it is being discontinued but you can't get it for that price online or at another store.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast