Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cajun Fryer

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cajun Fryer

Was looking at getting a Cajun fryer but when I looked at them at bass pro they seem a lot thinner. Did they start using thinner steal on them and if so does anybody know where I can get the thicker made one around Kentucky thanks Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 4 gal Cajun fryer and a 2.5 gal bayou classic. I use the 2.5 a lot more. And can cook for 10 people easy

Post Thanks / Like

I was looking at the 6 gallon. But I think it’s really thin compared to the ones I’ve seen before. Didn’t know if they started using a thinner steal or what.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a 3 burner Camp Chef stove last year. I think each burner is 30,000 BTU. I bought it to can tomatoe juice and other garden vegetables. It is pretty handy to fry, can and cook about anything. It will boil around 4gallons on water in around 11-12 minutes from the tap. I did not know these units were that good. If you can get the pots on there it will boil 3 pots at once. It is suprisingly does not use gas too bad. Pretty decent. You could get you one of these and buy a stainless clad bottom 20qt pot and cook about anything.

Post Thanks / Like

I never thought about that I have a camp chef three burner. What kind of pots are you using

Post Thanks / Like

Stainless steel 20qt crab type pot with the clad(thick) bottom. Prob close to 1inch thick. That keeps the heat even and doesn't burn as s bad as thin. Check out Academy they have some decent stuff by sometime. Good luck. Look Amazon. I found some nice ones on there a while back. Good pots will last

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the help

Post Thanks / Like

A pot is usually a lot easier to clean than a fryer unit that holds its oil. I bought one of those strainers that fit in a turkey fryer for seafood with 1/2 inch holes. If you are blanching green beans or frying fish, you can use it to do larger batches. I prob do 4gallons of tomatoes in order to peel them.

Post Thanks / Like

I found a 20 quart cast iron pot I might try. With the cast iron should hold the heat and not have to wait as long to heat back up. I think two will fit on my camp chef one for fish one for fries and still room for the other burner for whatever

Likes TN. WATERSHED LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 20 quart Dutch oven I use for making chili. It holds heat great. A little heat goes a long ways in one of those. It can cause back problems because mine weighs 45 pounds empty.
    Likes Jamesdean LIKED above post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast