Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Watts Bar Bass

Post Thanks / Like

Default Watts Bar Bass

Went to Watts bar on a Striper trip had a wonderfull time.Caught several stripers but also caught a 6.5 largemouth and a 4.5 smallmouth.Caught them about 30 minutesd apart.Never had caught a smallmouth before:D

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful bass, HotRod...... both of them. We don't have smallmouth here in LA, but they are fighters according to my friends that live in the more northern climates. Keep those pics coming, we are really enjoying them!

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Nice ones, HRChevy ...

Looks like you were at the Dam area, right ??

My first trips (first 4-5yrs) to WB were for Smallmouth & Largemouth. Only reason I quit Bass fishing down there, was I found out about the nice Crappie they have :p

Best LMB I ever got there .... 6lbs (caught on a jig/minnow on the UL outfit I now use for dock shooting )

There's SMB all over that lake -- here's a couple I took pics of :

This one was caught in the mid lake area .... live Shad under float, along a cliff wall, while actually fishing for them.

This one was taken up in the river end, almost to the I-40 bridge ... minnow/float fishing for Crappie.

Both SMB went about 4lbs. And these pics are "old" :o ... I don't have any "black" hair in my beard, anymore :rolleyes: .... LOL!!!

.........cp

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by labill
    Beautiful bass, HotRod...... both of them. We don't have smallmouth here in LA, but they are fighters according to my friends that live in the more northern climates. Keep those pics coming, we are really enjoying them!
    Thanks labil for the compliments,I hope to keep posting the pics cause that means im still catching them:D .Those smallies do seem to fight good but i did have them out gunned outgunned with the striper rods.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiepappy
    Looks like you were at the Dam area, right ??

My first trips (first 4-5yrs) to WB were for Smallmouth & Largemouth. Only reason I quit Bass fishing down there, was I found out about the nice Crappie they have :p

Best LMB I ever got there .... 6lbs (caught on a jig/minnow on the UL outfit I now use for dock shooting

Both SMB went about 4lbs. And these pics are "old" :o ... I don't have any "black" hair in my beard, anymore :rolleyes: .... LOL!!!

.........cp
    CP yes we were fishing the dam area,we went for stripers and were freelining shad out the back and on planer boards.Got the lmb and the smb this way.Those are nice bass you have there and to catch a 6 pounder on ul I bet that was fun.Also i just hope i am still able to fish when the wiskers have turned gray

Post Thanks / Like

That was a beautifull smallie. Hope you kissed her slide her back in to grow up a little more. Great place to fish when they are moving some water. Congrads on the fish come back for some more soon I hope.
    If in doubt, cross their eyes!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the compliment.Actually not only did i turn her loose the largemouth and all the stripers were released also Now the local crappie and stripers that i catch sometimes they meet a different fate

Post Thanks / Like

Keep the stripers they eat too much anyhow.
    If in doubt, cross their eyes!!