Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Indiana fishing conditions

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Indiana fishing conditions

I love the pics and post of you southern boys with all those nice crappie. Up here in north central Indiana, all the lakes, rivers and resoviors are flooded and look like chocolate milk, water temp around 38* about a foot down. A few nice days in the low 70's then a few days in the 50's. Rain about every two or three days. By the end of this week highs of 38*-45* lows of 25*-32* and chance of snow or snow with rain on thursday and friday. This time last year we were nailing white bass , the rivers are so flooded and muddy they may not even run this year. Tried crappie fishing on a 12 acre lake Friday, muddiest I ever saw it, not a bite. Oh well rant off, you just got to love Indiana weather :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Post Thanks / Like

Hi,
    I went to IU, Bloomington, Indiania is a nice state, now I live in SC and I like it too. Com'on down. I'll translate fer ya thill yens getz th haangofvit.
    G3PO

Post Thanks / Like

I have been trying to catch in Lake Shafer (Monticello IN) for the past couple of weeks and man with the monsoons it has not been worth the gas. Both dam gates are open and the water is brown coming out. Heck when I open my live wells I can't see the bottom of them from the mud. Hopefully next week the water will settle.
    Bill

Loatz Lake Loafer Guest

Exclamation Lake Manitou at Rochester***Hydrilla alert***

I drove by the boat ramp on S.R. 14 yesterday and saw the launching ramp was closed. Talked to a guy fishing from the shore and Hydrilla has invaded Lake Manitou and it will probably be closed for the summer (or longer). Only home owners on the lake will be allowed to launch boats and they can only be removed for repairs. They've found Hydrilla in mill creel below the lake but none in Tippy river or other lakes in the area. They discovered it last fall and shut the lake down then but I missed any reports about it.

Post Thanks / Like

Come on down to Southern Indiana Patoka lake is doing pretty good, let me know,leave your boat at home we can use mine if u are interested pm me for a date we can go i am off every other weekend ken