HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slab Sauce and etc testing testing testing ......

Post Thanks / Like

Default Slab Sauce and etc testing testing testing ......

I tend to be the guy who pitches all kinds of things at the crappie . So folks frequently ask me to try different things they make and or promote . This in turn shows it isn't really about certain baits and or scents in most cases . Finding willing fish and getting the presentation the way they want it is the key .
    Now that said I know factually crappie and other fish like Slab sauce and for 2 days this week its what got put on the jigs .
    I also ran Berkley crappie nibbles on another trip or 2 and find fish having a hard time not tasting those as well .
    Someone gave me a bag of some baits called slab busters that I think are made in Missouri ? I sure like the vibrant color and the fish ate em up real well .Its a pretty tough plastic as well and I have yet to have one get torn up .
    Then of course I used a tandem set up at another location of some of my favorites from thermocline lures in a color called monkey business . With slab sauce on them I had doubles on my rig twice that day under a float in the river …..just saying
    and then last but not least I also tossed a crappie thunder on a big jighead one morning under a float at another location for 15 minutes and was pleased with a couple of real slab crappie in that spot and lost a nice one there as well .
    once again remember this yawl , its typically not about the bait color or style in lots of cases but more about the way its presented to the fish and if its not live bait it wants scent 99.9% of the time to seal the deal …..
    included are photos of some of what I pitched and ketched …..and yes I got a handite or 2 beat all up in 2 locations as well .
    keeping in mind ketching very high numbers of fish has it draw backs and somewhere in the area of bunches and bunches of lipped fish in 4 or 5 trips makes a persons thumb quite raw ….
    so I would say …..don't try this at home
    stay tuned yawl ….and for sure KABOOM
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales

Post Thanks / Like

HAHA, good report as usual. Rough job but someone has to do it right? Take care of that thumb now!!
    Likes Redge LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds and LOOKS like a bunch of fun.... AND NO MINNAS WAS REQUIRED.....LOL

Post Thanks / Like

To save my thumb I like to release them before they get to the boat. T_om gets upset when I do this as he likes to put the bigger ones in his fish box. I don't keep any so it doesn't bother me. You might try not getting that Slab Sauce on your thumb as they won't chew on it as much. Don
    Likes TerryD, Redge LIKED above post

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

You makin me jealous. Again. Some nice fish.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

You don’t have the hook running out the little “valley” of the plastic. Does that make it not fold up like this type of body tends to do?
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

Post Thanks / Like

as a matter of fact I don't sir and it seems from when I tried this style of bait way back about 5 or 6 years ago it performs very well the way I have it on the jig , the "vent" ketches more water when you move it up and down and is much more "alive" and I have not much of a problem with it folding back on the hook point , rarely on hooksets that miss it does though .
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Thanks ET Fish thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Nice fish. Hope your thumb feels better.

Post Thanks / Like

I dusted some damp crappie nibbles with garlic powder and left the lid off to dry em out a little, they stink alot better now!

Sent from my SM-G530P using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

I thought that was saw dust on your thumb! lol

Great job, thanks for sharing. Slabsauce rocks.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast