Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spincast Reels

Post Thanks / Like

Default Spincast Reels

I have experimented with open face, underspins and baitcasters but the only reel I really like are spincasts..Can anyone give me some input on their favorites or what kind of spincast has worked the best for them?

Post Thanks / Like

Zebco 33's always worked for me.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

About all I've ever owned that actually lasted more than one season has been the Zebco 33's. The Century reels were nice but I always managed to tear 'em up in no time.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

I grew up on Zebco 33's and they always were good to me and believe me I'm pretty tough on reels. Now my wife and kids use them and they get my vote.
    Duane

Post Thanks / Like

The Zebco's are the fan favorites I think, but if I had to use one I'd definately go with Diawa's goldcasts. I think head and shoulders they are the best and toughest built spincast, has an oscillating spool, as well as being well designed. The Zebco Omega looks like a good reel but you cant use it left or right handed like the goldcasts. The Zebco platinum 33 is left or right and looks well built. Its one of their pro models like the omega, but doesnt have the design features the omega has like an oscillating spool.

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st...001000_100-1-3
    Last edited by GRIZZ; 04-01-2007 at 03:54 AM.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm also a big fan of spincast reels. #1 choice would be the Zebco Omega Z03, it CAN be used left or right handed, and has oscillateing spool 6 ball bearings, all metal, and instant anti reverse. With 8# line I can cast almost 25 yds. with a 1/8 jig. #2 choice would be Zebco 33 Platnium, all metal, 5 ball bearing, and instant anti reverse. #3 choice Zebco 33 "Authentic" , $15 ,1 ball bearing a great smooth reel for the money. A little tip NEVER use the line that comes with these reels, always respool with #6- #10 Trilene XL or similair line.

Post Thanks / Like

Amen on respooling the line on any Zebco reel you buy. I like the Omega very well and I have a lot of old Zebco 33s I use that I bought at yard sales for $5. They just keep on working with no problems.

backtocrappie is offline Moderator OT Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I grew up with a Zebco 202 in my hands, but quickly moved into spinners and bait cast. I bought the Zebco#11 for my 4 year old and. Can't say they ever got me in to a tourny but they last forever, anything else is a copy.
    "We're going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good"
    Sen. Hillary Clinton - Speech at Democratic Fundraiser, June 2004

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I own an Omega as well. It can be used left or right handed, and is a great reel! That being said, it is also pricey at around 50.00. How often do you fish?

Post Thanks / Like

Default spincast

Quote Originally Posted by nralover
    Yes, I own an Omega as well. It can be used left or right handed, and is a great reel! That being said, it is also pricey at around 50.00. How often do you fish?
    I fish prolly 2-3 times per week on the bank and try to get out at least once a week in my boat...i have found when i am bass fishing that i can only use certain spincasts for about 2 months becasue i always break the puch button!! it is just a little plastic piece inside...any suggestions on spincasts for bass that wont break? i need one with a metal piece inside the push button i guess?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast