HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: R & R Marine trolling motor slide

Javelin 180 is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default R & R Marine trolling motor slide

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this product it looks like a well made slide plate. I just bought a new Ulterra and from what I've read since these electric steer trolling motors hang over the bow so much these slide brackets are supposed to be helpful from hitting the dock or bow roller on trailer just thought I would ask for some opinions on this thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, they will hit the roller sometimes. Seems to depend on angle of the ramp. Don't know about that bracket. I got the MKA - 47 for mine. Works well, as long as I remember to slide it back.
    Likes Javelin 180 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I machined one out of aluminum that is similar to R&R's. I presently have a Maxxum but hope to soon get a Terrova. What it did allow me to do is continue to use the same boat cover without having to get it modified....cover was made to fit a small Motorguide 28.

Post Thanks / Like

My R&R mount is shipping from the factory in Texas today. I will let you know how the install goes on my Ranger 619. R&R is manufacturing their plate and selling it to Skeeter as a factory option on some of their boats. I had trouble sourcing one from local Skeeter dealers so I went straight to the source. Good feedback on them online.

I tried to find a MinnKota MKA-47, but they discontinued a great mounting bracket for some reason and I'm not paying $250 for one plus shipping from France (not many trolling motors being installed in Paris, apparently).

cevans is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

How much for the R & R?

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    authorized by: Billbob and "G"

Javelin 180 is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cevans View Post
    How much for the R & R?
    . I got mine in last week and got it installed it was 136.00 to my door and I'm definitely glad I ordered it this is a very nice and heavy duty plate if your needing one I would definitely recommend the R & R.
    Thanks cevans thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

just exactly how does this get your trolling motor back in boat to keep from hitting bow roller or pontoon trailer stop..the end of the XI5 is curved downward about 4 inches how does bracket keep this bend from getting caught on side of boat? Anybody have pictures of one mounted on boat extended and retracted.. Wanting to put my XI5 on my pontoon but need a way to keep from hitting trailer when loading/unloading.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes it pays to have a pondtoon.

I would attach a linear actuator to the slide and push a button. Call me lazy.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dbowling View Post
    just exactly how does this get your trolling motor back in boat to keep from hitting bow roller or pontoon trailer stop..the end of the XI5 is curved downward about 4 inches how does bracket keep this bend from getting caught on side of boat? Anybody have pictures of one mounted on boat extended and retracted.. Wanting to put my XI5 on my pontoon but need a way to keep from hitting trailer when loading/unloading.
    There are several photos of the xi5 mounted with the bracket on BBC. They would give you a good idea of what it would look like in the extended and retracted positions.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks I went ahead and ordered the lift saver mount, like the way it works.. don't like the price much but it looks like it should work great for the pontoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch552 View Post
    There are several photos of the xi5 mounted with the bracket on BBC. They would give you a good idea of what it would look like in the extended and retracted positions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast