Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: And She Said .......

Post Thanks / Like

Default And She Said .......

Don't you want some minnows with those 2 bags of ice sir as she looked out at the boat and the crappie rods in the holders behind the truck .
    I said ...you do have some mighty pretty frisky looking minnerz for sure mam !
    then I said ….I am a guessing you don't know who I am ?
    She said ...uh ...no sir I don't …..
    I said ….well some of my friends call me Ketchn and I use only use jigs . The ice is for the fish we are about to ketch the fire out of and the drinks we will consume in just as furious fashion .
    Well ….She kinda chuckled and I am sure she thought he is about to go find out what everyone knows ...its a minnow bite out there right now and the whole world knows it in these parts . I think I can ketch them with just a jig and confidence is king in the timber for sure and a minnow might get it done ,but we opted to go only jigs.
    Let me say this right off …..it was tough to get it dialed up . we didn't hammer well early on at all . we did put some in the box here and there but not like we wanted to . But as a bit of time went by we went to what we know and kept looking and dippin jigs in the timber and we went shallower and deeper and we played let me guess .
    we found fish at every stop but it wasn't until we quit looking for fish and started just watching the bait schools and the depth they were at to target them well . we found lines of bait and fished right plum in the middle of the bait schools that were on the timber . couldn't really see any fish just clouds of bait at certain depths .
    hit it from 3 to 7 in the afternoon yesterday and loaded up the ice chest to be sure . now mind ya I think it would have been even better if we knew what we was doing earlier on in the adventure and had a better graph on board ,but hey in the end it turned out well , persistence and patience and watch the line REAL close . We dropped light jigs at an average depth of around 20 foot down in 25 to 35 foot of water and just let them float down REAL slow into the bait .
    and the sunset was pretty and had us a grand time out there .
    P.S. one last thing . this post is not meant to beat up anyone using minnows in way shape or form . its simply a post to let you know if they are biting they are biting and a minnow might make it easier for sure ,but it just aint how we hang .
    stay tuned yawl and have a great week
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a pretty good day!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Nice catch.
    Be safe and good luck fishing

Post Thanks / Like

There ya go!
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, we are not catching anything, minnows or not, so might as well save the money. Have so many jigs I could not use them up in a decade. Figure I will follow your advice and just fish with small jigs for awhile. Thanks so much for the post.

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Great Post

Post Thanks / Like

Search, seek and destroy..... search, seek and destroy....

Post Thanks / Like

Great day out on the water for sure!
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on your catch Ketchn. Some great looking crappie.
    LittleJohn

Post Thanks / Like

Not a minnow person myself when it gets hot. Can’t keep them alive without much fuss ( ice, aeration, change water, chemicals). I prefer jigs about 8 months out of the year and the other 4 months I am not fishing much. Good catch, I go to a 1/32 oz jig when it is hot and the s-l-o-w fall does seem to make the difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast