Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Anybody use a cooler for your drivers seat?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anybody use a cooler for your drivers seat?

Redoing the seating in my pontoon I just bought and I don't care for the flip/flop seat w/live well it has(cant leave lid open and it only opens 1/2 due to seat back being in the way)..the plumbing for live well is already there so thinking of getting a 120-150 qt cooler and plumbing it for live well then putting a cushion on top..only thing is no back rest so might be a bit uncomfortable if running around for long periods of time..
    if any of you pontoon guys have went the cooler live well route would like to see pics of your set ups.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have a pontoon, but I would do something like this:

Post Thanks / Like

that's a good idea..I came up with another idea after posting, will post pictures if it works out, if it doesn't may use the one in your pic.

Post Thanks / Like

I took out all the furniture on my little pontoon. Went with all coolers but changed to just coolers in back and two pedestal seats up front. More comfortable.

Tom
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Likes Clint LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I personally like the all cooler idea but significant other not so much, said has to have something comfortable to rest on when tired of fishing.
    Going to modify the old flip/flop seat with live well in it to use, hopefully my idea will work..

Post Thanks / Like

My last pontoon was 21 ft, 70 hp merc and I set it up for catfishing. Left the drivers seat and the Flip back livewell and removed all other furniture. Used the folding cloth/ metal framed bag chairs for deck furniture, light weight, comfortable, easy to move and put away when not needed. Put red LEDS on a dimmer around the inside of the fencing and a locking metal truck box for storage across the back.

Had one of the Coleman mr coffee style maker for the camp stove so we would be out fishing at night, fresh pot of coffee and kicked back on the bag chairs made an awesome night fishing platform for big Blues! Also with the anchor light being high and above and at the rear of the Bimini top all the bugs were attracted away from the passenger area which was another nice feature.

Sort of wish I still had it!
    Likes EWS LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

T_om used to use lawn chair in his boat but I kept falling a sleep when the bite was slow. When I used to fish Guantanamo Bay at night for snapper I used a lawn chair with a rod holder mounted on the frame. those Mutton Snapper hit hard enough to wake me up. Don