PDA

View Full Version : Ice is covering Alabama and Georgia.

FalconSmitty
01-29-2005, 01:12 AM
Just our luck. An Ice storm instead of snow. That is the south for you. The way the trees look power may be out soon. My poor ole boat is covered in sheets of ice. Hope all of you are safe and sound.

crap-king
01-29-2005, 03:50 AM
They are call for 5 to 8 inches of snow here Saturday at the house - where I work 1 to 3 inches of snow with a quarter inch of ice on top of that - it is about 35 miles from home to work but I live a little more of the foothills area of Carolina on the Virginia border - so looks like fishing is out for me for another week - just 68 days left before I head to the Florida Keys and fish for a week - or just sit on my butt - or just ride out in the gulf or the ocean float around in the boat - I can do this for a week

Shellback
01-29-2005, 06:49 AM
Ice storms are the worst, they raise h e double hockeys sticks with the electric grids! If it's any comfort to you, the past couple mornings it's been minus 8 degrees when I left for work. Today it's a plus 4, woopie! Come on spring!

papasage
01-29-2005, 09:37 AM
it is 32 and 4 inc icyckles hanging off my house

crap-king
01-29-2005, 04:55 PM
Well looks like a 20 hour shift instead of a 15 hour for today - I am back after leaving at 0830 this morning - got to make sure everyone else makes it in- these inmates expect us here - had 4 inches of snow and now sleet is falling we are suppose to have it through the night - Maybe I will get to go home at 0830 in the morning if anyone shows up to releave me

glitter jig
01-29-2005, 05:21 PM
I'm in No. Ga. so far so good alittle ice this morning, npthing to worry about :)

hawkman
01-29-2005, 08:13 PM
Well looks like a 20 hour shift instead of a 15 hour for today - I am back after leaving at 0830 this morning - got to make sure everyone else makes it in- these inmates expect us here - had 4 inches of snow and now sleet is falling we are suppose to have it through the night - Maybe I will get to go home at 0830 in the morning if anyone shows up to releave meDon't want to disappoint those inmates, might "violate their rights" Sounds like a long night for you. Hope you get a break soon & get back to fishing.