Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Boat Comparison

Post Thanks / Like

Default Boat Comparison

I've been researching and looking at boats for panfishing and some possible light bass fishing. I've narrowed my search down to a couple, wanted to display my findings, and get some more experienced folks feedback if possible. The two boats are the Tracker 175TXW and the Lowe Stinger 175.

Tracker 175TXW:
    Pros:
    - better quality seats
    - 3 seats across drivers area
    - good service in area (local bass pro store)
    - nice drivers console
    - trailer with swing away tongue

Cons:
    - Does not have double front side by side seat posts (for spider rigging)
    - Only one live well at the back of the boat and no bait well integrated

Lowe Stinger 175
    Pros:
    - double seat posts side by side at front of boat
    - front and rear livewell both with bait wells built in
    - trailer with swing away tongue as well
    Cons:
    - Closest dealer is 65 miles away
    - drivers console is cheaper looking

Prices are virtually identical on these rides no matter which outboard you place on them. Both use Mercury. Both use Motorguide trolling motors. They are very similar.

Anyone have any feedback or experiences they could share?

Thanks,
    Zeb

Post Thanks / Like

You might want to look at the construction of the boats...The Lowe doesn't have ANY wood in it, so you near have to worry about the transom rotting or the floor rotting! I've got an OLD Tracker..it was old when I bought it, so maybe I shouldn't say anything but since I've had it I've put in a new floor, new carpet, a new front deck, and a new brace under the front pedestal seat! I've spent as much or more fixing this boat than what I paid for it!!!! I'm getting sick of fixing it but I can't talk the boss into letting me get a new one, she just doesn't get it that the old one is costing more than a new one!:D :D

Post Thanks / Like

Your research already outweighs any advice I could give, as I have no experience with either. But, which one would make you get up in the middle of the night to go look at it...That's your boat.
    Polar Kraft 1571 DB
    Mercury 25 hp 4-Stroke

Post Thanks / Like

I just bought the 175TXW with a 60 4 stroke.So far about the only negative thing I can say is the livewell is a little unhandy. I usually jig fish so built in baitwells are not important to me. There are a few minor things that will have to be corrected by the dealer but I'm sure that will be the case with any new boat. My old boat is a Tracker also and it has served me well so that may have tipped the scales toward the 175TXW over the other boats I looked at. Just my two cents worth.
    Chuck

Post Thanks / Like

If it were me. I would look at the New War-Eagle Crappie boat. man that thing looks nice.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Lowe Sea Nymph FM180s and am very happy. Lowe builds a nice boat. Not as happy with the motorguide trolling motor that came with it....will be getting a minnkota soon.
    Duane

Post Thanks / Like

From my research, the front deck is alum. on the tracker, but you are correct on the floor being wood. Great point that I had not considered.

Chuck, can you expound on the livewell and on your dealer corrections that were required?

CORRECTION ON THIS:
    The front deck storage lids are alum on the tracker, but rest of deck and floor are wood.
    Last edited by zebkedic; 04-05-2007 at 06:16 PM.