Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bought or buying a used pontoon

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bought or buying a used pontoon

Left a deposit on a 2001 Sun Tracker 18 Bass Buggy, 02` 70 hp Johnson 4 stroke and 2003 trailer. Boat needs seats recovered as they are sun cracked, carpet is filthy from sitting under trees this summer, has 2 electric anchors, blue led lights on back/sides of boat for cat fishing, live well under drivers flip/flop seat, foot controlled 50# thrust trolling motor and 2 fishing seats up front.. all metal flooring so no deck rot.
    Going to sell my 2006 Crestliner Angler SC, take my Humminbird Helix 9,Lowrance HDS 7 touch and Millineum seats and put on pontoon boat.. will put all original depth finders/seats back on boat..will probably sell my XI5 to buy one for pontoon(36 vlt hopefully)..
    I may put the 50# foot control motor off pontoon on my Crestliner boat to sell it or buy a new one to put back on it.
    My Spyderlock rod holders wont work on pontoon so will probably sell with small boat.
    Going to try to attach some pics of pontoon, going to pick it up Tues or Wed, pics are at previous owners house today.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Likes gravelman6 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

GFY I love my 21 foot lowes set up like yours. good to fish out of but even better to take cruises around the lake with friends and grandkids. Enjoy and you can replace all the cracked stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats. That center console will be nice for fishing and playing.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Eric

Dutchman is offline Crappie Wall Hanger II * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Your gonna love that Jonnysuki four stroke !!! Sips gas , and quite . Be interesting to find out how it wound up on the back of a tracker . Did tracker ever offer that motor ?

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the new ride. Don’t give up those spyderloks so fast. I also fish out of a pontoon and Gene who designed the spyderloks made two holders that bolt on the pontoon rail and you bolt the spyderloks right to them. Work great.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice fishing platform. We are getting tired of stepping up two levels to get to the bow deck on my 22 foot Sea Chaser. I could jump right up there 13 years ago, not so much now. Yes get those rod holders mounted to the rails you won't find any better ones. Don

Post Thanks / Like

​Good luck with your new craft. Center console is nice.
    Pass the "Sportsman Baton" on before you're gone, promote values for others to hunt and fish upon.

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

When you start fooling with furniture, get estimate for recovering. Then get in touch with grizzly jig. They sell a ton of poontoon boat furniture. They may have exact fit cheaper. Going to be a nice fishing platform. And like CW said call e z about his rail mount for SpiderLocks. And congratulations.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys I contacted Gene about adapting my holders to my pontoon rails..
    Cray thanks for the tip on Grizzly Jig, didn't realize they had pontoon furniture.
    I definitely love my Spyderlock holders.
    Looking forward to getting it all set up and out on the water, that engine is super quiet as stated.

Ttexastom is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

You will love your pontoon. They are more comfortable that a run about. Nice to be able to get up and walk around
    John 3:16

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast