Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Installed Millennuim Pro-M seat

Post Thanks / Like

Default Installed Millennuim Pro-M seat

Just installed a Millennuim Pro-M (saltwater version) seat on my bow. First impressions are good. Went with the Pro-M over B-100 due to the former having adjustable back angle. The Pro-M sits a couple inches higher than the cheapo Wise seats that came on boat. Bought an 11 inch pin pedestal ($15) to replace my 13 inch. Works pretty well for me with my short legs (28 inch inseam). Guess I could just as well have cut a couple inches off my original pedestal or removed spring from seat mount bracket to reduce seat height. Really like the back support. With my original Wise seats the backs flexed backward really bad when I tried to lean back in seats. They didn't offer much back support. Pro-M works great in that department. Can lean back with no give/flex. Pro-M gives good back support and has adjustable strap so you can fine tune back angle to your liking. Mesh material is nice. The mesh gives good ventilation and wont burn the flesh off your thighs when you sit down on a hot summer day. Seat is a little wider than needed (Im 5'8", 210 lbs). Extra width can be an issue on smaller boats like mine. The frames appear to be very sturdy. My biggest concern is the mesh material. Not sure how long it will last or if it can be replaced when it does eventually give out. Anyone out there know if mesh can be replaced? Cant find any info on that.

stormcloud is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I took Tempres out of mine and went to B-100s. I added after market arm rest to them and made a bracket to keep my
    trolling motor remote at finger's reach. The thing drives me crazy hanging around my neck or in my shirt pocket. I'll never
    look for another seat. The only compliant I've ever heard on them was being colder in winter. I can remedy that. PM
    EZpoleholder for replacement on the mesh.
    Tell'em I'll be there.

jigflinger is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by llbaker2 View Post
    Just installed a Millennuim Pro-M (saltwater version) seat on my bow. First impressions are good. Went with the Pro-M over B-100 due to the former having adjustable back angle. The Pro-M sits a couple inches higher than the cheapo Wise seats that came on boat. Bought an 11 inch pin pedestal ($15) to replace my 13 inch. Works pretty well for me with my short legs (28 inch inseam). Guess I could just as well have cut a couple inches off my original pedestal or removed spring from seat mount bracket to reduce seat height. Really like the back support. With my original Wise seats the backs flexed backward really bad when I tried to lean back in seats. They didn't offer much back support. Pro-M works great in that department. Can lean back with no give/flex. Pro-M gives good back support and has adjustable strap so you can fine tune back angle to your liking. Mesh material is nice. The mesh gives good ventilation and wont burn the flesh off your thighs when you sit down on a hot summer day. Seat is a little wider than needed (Im 5'8", 210 lbs). Extra width can be an issue on smaller boats like mine. The frames appear to be very sturdy. My biggest concern is the mesh material. Not sure how long it will last or if it can be replaced when it does eventually give out. Anyone out there know if mesh can be replaced? Cant find any info on that.
    Don't believe that you will wear that mesh out. It's pretty strong stuff. Been using mine now for 4 years. My son and I are both over 250. The only problem you might have is the straps. They tend to be cut where they come through the back of the seat. I have made heavier straps for a couple of guide boats. Don't know if Mr. Gene can get more straps or not. No matter what, you will love those seats.

Redge is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2017 Man Of The Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Best seats out there IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Proud Member of Team Geezer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jigflinger View Post
    Don't believe that you will wear that mesh out. It's pretty strong stuff. Been using mine now for 4 years. My son and I are both over 250. The only problem you might have is the straps. They tend to be cut where they come through the back of the seat. I have made heavier straps for a couple of guide boats. Don't know if Mr. Gene can get more straps or not. No matter what, you will love those seats.
    Not to concerned about straps. They should be easy to replace. Good to hear material has held up going on 4 years. Im more concerned about the suns effect on material than physically wearing them out.

Post Thanks / Like

I know of 2 big Ranger guide boats that have had then in use for at least 4 years. Straps are the only issue with them. Mesh is dirty but in fine shape.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jigflinger View Post
    I know of 2 big Ranger guide boats that have had then in use for at least 4 years. Straps are the only issue with them. Mesh is dirty but in fine shape.

That's good to hear. Thanks for your input. If I can get 4 or 5 years then I will feel like I got my moneys worth and then some.

Post Thanks / Like

These guys don't take care of their stuff at all. With a little care they will last a long time. And since they are on giude boats they take a pretty good beating. You may want to put some ny-lok nuts on the hinge bolts also.

Post Thanks / Like

5 years ago bought the big,white salt water seats and get along good with them.Trailering the boat down the highway for much distance I cinch up the straps to keep them from being twisted deluxe.It's a pain to untwist them once getting to where I'm going.
    If you go to Podunkideas.com Rickie (rnvinc) has a product called " Da chair holdit" that is aluminum arms between the seat base and back.You can get rid of the straps if you want.Take a look...I kinda doubt you will wear out the mesh in your seats.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Snagged again View Post
    5 years ago bought the big,white salt water seats and get along good with them.Trailering the boat down the highway for much distance I cinch up the straps to keep them from being twisted deluxe.It's a pain to untwist them once getting to where I'm going.
    If you go to Podunkideas.com Rickie (rnvinc) has a product called " Da chair holdit" that is aluminum arms between the seat base and back.You can get rid of the straps if you want.Take a look...I kinda doubt you will wear out the mesh in your seats.
    I figured out a way to wrap the adjustable strap end around strap on opposite side and then thread the strap with snap thru loop in adjustable strap end and snap strap in place to secure. Works well. Keeps straps from flopping around in the wind when on the road and quick and easy to do. Will post pictures if you like.

Saw those brackets a while back. Look like they would work well but eliminates the ability to adjust the back angle which is main reason I went with Pro-M over B-100.
    Last edited by llbaker2; 08-13-2018 at 05:33 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast