HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: pics

Post Thanks / Like

Default pics

why can i not add photos in a pm. tried my phone and computer.

Post Thanks / Like

The easiest way would be to store pics on a photo storage web site. Photobucket.com used to be one of the best but began charging. IMGUR.com is what I use and it allows free photo editing/storage and copying of forum links into your message on this forum.

When it comes to your pc,the insert image icon is in the row of icons above your comment. Maybe you've tried going that route, but if not press the icon, choose file and then upload. When you press advanced at the bottom of the reply box, your picture should be there. The picture will be saved on crappie.com and never disappear like if you copied a url link and something happened to the photo on the storage site.
    Thanks murdok thanked you for this post

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

The simplest way is to post the picture in the test forum then copy/paste it to the PM.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Likes BigDawgg, "G" LIKED above post
    Thanks murdok, zig zag thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonminnow View Post
    ..........When it comes to your pc,the insert image icon is in the row of icons above your comment.......
    For some reason I do not have the row of icons. I do have cookies aloud for this site so no idea why the icon row is not there. CLearing cach and cookies doesn't help either.

Also I just noticed at the bottom of the page under posting permission it says "HTML code is Off". Everything else on the list says on.

Finally the only way I can get "reply with quote" to work is if I right click on it and open a new page. If I click on "reply with quote" all I get is a little spinning loading circle.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Barnacle Bill View Post
    The simplest way is to post the picture in the test forum then copy/paste it to the PM.

Sorry for the dumb question, but where is the test forum? I looked on the main forum page and do not see it on the sub forum list.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Charly View Post
    Sorry for the dumb question, but where is the test forum? I looked on the main forum page and do not see it on the sub forum list.
    Not a dumb question.I had to hunt for it too.
    Click on "Forum" in the grey bar at the top of this page.Go all the way to the bottom under "more forums" and find "Miscellaneous Forums.It's the sub forum at the end.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonminnow View Post
    The easiest way would be to store pics on a photo storage web site. Photobucket.com used to be one of the best but began charging. IMGUR.com is what I use and it allows free photo editing/storage and copying of forum links into your message on this forum.

When it comes to your pc,the insert image icon is in the row of icons above your comment. Maybe you've tried going that route, but if not press the icon, choose file and then upload. When you press advanced at the bottom of the reply box, your picture should be there. The picture will be saved on crappie.com and never disappear like if you copied a url link and something happened to the photo on the storage site.
    This only works on the forum, not in the PM's. In the PM's, when you click on the "Insert Image" icon you will get this notice :

Add an Image from Url

Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif