Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Long Shoals?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Long Shoals?

Anyone know of any good spots for a few crappies close to Long Shoals? I'm fishing a small tourney on the 14th and I don't fish that part of the lake much. I may have to just boat to Bucksaw and beyond if nobody can help me.

Thanks and good fishing to ya.

Bob

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

bwillaub, I've fished that area some. I've had pretty good luck fishing the three coves to the left after the bridge from Long Shoal. I can't remember but i think in back of the second one, all the way to the back on the right hand side there is a bunch of big rocks which has produced for me on occassions. Also in the first one, at the first point, after you enter it, about 100 yards to the left along that bank has produced. Good luck. Dave

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with osagemo. I usually head to the left and the third cove has been the best in the spawn for me. Although I went there last Wed and couldn't find the crappie. The water was only about 56/58 degrees. Not sure if that had anything to do with it or if after the rains they turned off. Anyway, good luck in the tourney.

Post Thanks / Like

Default long shoals

take a right out of the marina and head up the Grand River arm, Lots of timber and coves, you will find crappie there, have a good tournament, and catch a big one for me Godspeed
    smile, people always wonder what you are up to

Post Thanks / Like

If you hit the main lake and go towards windsor crossing the third cove on the left it pretty good this time of the year. Also if you keep going further down to the bluffs fish where the last bluff endsa lot of trees and pea gravel banks.
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Dave