Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rod issue - Denali

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rod issue - Denali

First of all let me say I am not one to just post negative things about a company....as you could see in my previous posts I am the first to compliment them as well. My intent for this post is to see if anyone else has faced this issue with the Denali Pryme series rods and if so, how it was handled.

I bought 6 new 14' Denali Pryme trolling rods about 9 months ago. To preface, my rods stay on my boat in a garage year round and I am lucky if I fish 2/3 times a month. I noticed a few months ago that some of the sections on the rods started to turn a "cream" color instead of the stark white they started out as. This has progressed into all the rods having slight varying color from white to cream colored in different sections. The rods perform great and I still absolutely love that about them, but the OCD part of me want them to be the same color...preferably the bright white they started out as. I have a picture on my phone but for the life of me I can't find it at the moment.

I contacted a couple of different people...one at the dealer I bought them from and one at Denali. The dealer said yes Denali had issues with the rods and had recently changed their process to correct it. The employee at Denali didn't come right out and say they knew of issues but said they had seen "some" change that had long exposure to sunlight. I then emailed the Denali warranty rep back and asked if they were covered under warranty and have not had a reply (3 days ago).

I know some would say, no big deal since they still fish the same, so what if they fade a little. My point is I paid $70 a piece for rods....that's a good chunk of change and I would think they should not fade to a different color in just a few months. So long story short......any of you other Denali guys out there have this issue and if so how did you handle it?
    Likes SlabSeeker0485, Crestliner08 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

It's your hard earned buck, I'd want them the way I purchased them too.

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Give them a little time to make it right.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have read and seen this issue on several of their first gen rods. It's a known issue to them. I was told that they actually went to China where they are made and addressed the issue. Supposedly that issue was resolved. Mine have never faded yet. But I also keep mine in the shop on boat when not fishing. I suspect you got some poles that were from some of the very first run's of the poles. I would get on the phone and talk to warranty guy and if not satisfied get someone up the chain on the phone. Found out in my conversation with him he not only handles warranty he is shipping and receiving clerk which tells me he is not very high in the chain of command. One sure way of maybe getting things handled is find one of their pro staff guys. They seem to be able to get things handled better. Sorry I don't have a real ansewer to your problem.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

I have one of my sections that has done that. I bought mine used so I don't know how old they are. The only trouble with them is they can't get hung in a bush and the tip bend back to the reel without breaking....lol. I may need a rubber rod.

Post Thanks / Like

Well just an FYI for anyone else that has this issue and wants it rectified.....you can have them replaced for a mere $20 per pole plus shipping both ways. So it will cost me about $150 to replace 6 poles that are 9 months old and have a manufactures defect that they are totally aware of. Love the poles but sometimes customer service sure goes a long way.

Post Thanks / Like

Mine are the same way!

Redge is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2017 Man Of The Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Doesn’t sound like what I expect from customer service.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Proud Member of Team Geezer!
    Likes Gindog LIKED above post

Javelin 180 is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I would be like you that would drive me crazy and they want have to worry about me buying any of there rods customer service goes a long ways with me so I will be sticking with the SCR's I can't say enough about Ed Duke and also the ACC Crappie Stix and Andy Lehman both of these guys went way above what they had to to keep me happy and doing without a rod.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow I would that thought they would have taken a responsibility for there rods. I'll just keep my old BnM rods and stay away from them. Thanks for the heads up on customer service
    All men are created equal, some work harder in the preseason.
    Thanks to BnM PST, Midsouth Jig, Big River Marina

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast