PDA

View Full Version : Haaaa, Billbob is famous, check this out...

Slab
08-07-2018, 05:43 AM
This is so cool, Billbob is the man. You have to watch the whole video. And yes, soaking your line works, no more curly cues. Reel Magic from TTI Blakemore works too especially for maintenance while your reels stay on your rods.

https://youtu.be/DjZv-a4QJbU

Slab
08-07-2018, 05:50 AM

shipahoy41
08-07-2018, 06:03 AM
Cool! I have soaked my line before but I never thought to remove the labels and the glue. Richard Gene sure praised the Vietnam veterans and the Bill Bob can cooler. I guess he will have to start charging for his autograph now. He has been approved by Richard Gene. Thanks for sharing this video.

crp4570
08-07-2018, 06:35 AM
Good video. Thx for posting.

KyTyer
08-07-2018, 06:45 AM
Great tip and you can never say enough about our Veterans!
Love the Billbob cooler.

"G"
08-07-2018, 06:50 AM
Welcome Home Ted.....see you thursday

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87936)

skeetbum
08-07-2018, 07:30 AM
That Billbob does get around. Welcome home Ted.

vfourmax
08-07-2018, 07:37 AM
Maybe I am looking at this wrong but in the video the orientation of the spool shows what would be the line coming off the top of the spool.

Every other video or source of information from the fishing pro's or manufacturers says that when filling the line on a spinning reel that the line should be coming off from the bottom of the spools rotation.

I question this one as to which one is right?

I like Richard and his videos and he is a fishing machine sharing a lot of great information but on this one I think I have to go with the line coming off the bottom of the spool and not the top.

Never have heard of soaking the line for a week though, may have to investigate that part a bit.

armyman
08-07-2018, 07:37 AM
Billbob, sounds like you have been challenged! I forsee a head-to-head match up with Slab as the referee!:biggrin

Slab
08-07-2018, 07:51 AM
Maybe I am looking at this wrong but in the video the orientation of the spool shows what would be the line coming off the top of the spool.

Every other video or source of information from the fishing pro's or manufacturers says that when filling the line on a spinning reel that the line should be coming off from the bottom of the spools rotation.

I question this one as to which one is right?

I like Richard and his videos and he is a fishing machine sharing a lot of great information but on this one I think I have to go with the line coming off the bottom of the spool and not the top.

Never have heard of soaking the line for a week though, may have to investigate that part a bit.IMHO, I don't think it matters. It's still rolling off the spool while the spool spins, so it's still coming straight off with no twist.

Cane Pole
08-07-2018, 08:39 AM
I don't know which way the line comes off the spool. I use a cheap spool holder that clamps to the pole.

Yep! My pal Billbob is a fine fella. We licks fingers together at the KFC on occasion.

Jwater
08-07-2018, 09:18 AM
Bill Bobs gonna have to do a trip with Richard now!

skiptomylu
08-07-2018, 11:02 PM
Thatís just cool! Also I have used Real Magic for more years than I can remember and yes itís good stuff!

Skip

Ketchn
08-10-2018, 06:32 AM
I like the Billbob dig a bunch and the line thing is interesting , but to be sure I cant find the time to spool a reel like that , I rely totally on ketchn fish to remove my line twist with a good stretchn….but then again that's just me :Rofl