Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New With Many Questions

Post Thanks / Like

Default New With Many Questions

I'm new to the forum & I'm also new to the business of crappie fishing on my own. Always before I've gone with someone. Now I have a place near the lake & a boat & I want to do some crappie fishing. Rather than inundate this board with questions, can someone recommend a good, basic book on crappie fishing. I took my just before Christmas & caught nothing; didn't even get a bite. But at the boat ramp a fellow gave me about 25 that he had caught by himself during the same time period. We were using the same bait, minnows, & were fishing in the same part of the lake. I saw him several times & he commented about seeing us while we were fishing.

I need to know about hooks, line, about slip float fishing. About what to kind of pen or whatever to use to mark the line at various depths. And I need to know about using the old Eagle fish finder that came with the boat, ie about interpreting what I see on the screen.

Any help you guys could give would be much appreciated.

Tugaloo

Post Thanks / Like

thats a big order you should get lots of replies. I see you are in north central sc. im in the upstate myself near york.. what town are you near and what lakes you fishing in sc?
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

There Are Numerous Books &mags.--a Good Magazine Is Crappie World,www.crappiemagazine.com! Also Steve Wunderle Has A Couple Of Books You Can Order Through Them.time On The Water Is A Good Teacher!! Good Luck!!
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default can someone recommend a good, basic book on crappie fishing.

At the top of this page click articles. Good place to start.

use this link to go to the Crappie USA library. Browse or search by topic .https://www.crappieusa.com/library/library.cfm

Here for a video by In Fisherman, on sale now.
    http://www.in-fisherman.com/

Crappie Wisdom, a book, number 1 in my view and I own several.
    also from In Fisherman
    https://store.primediamags.com/shop/...uct?pm_id=3708

Several videos on Trolling

http://www.thecrappiekiller.com/killer_stuff.html

There are many others and several posters have mentioned excellent resources in the past several weeks. Review any post started by new members like yourself.

Post Thanks / Like

i strongly recommend crappie wisdom
    "Give me crappie, or give me death"

Post Thanks / Like

Hire a good guide that is willing to show and teach you what he/she knows. Come to Arkansas and I'll gladly take you out fishing.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Drift_Wood is offline Moderator TN Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Tugaloo,

There is a lot of good reading in the articles section of this forum. It will get you going in the right direction. The best way to learn is read what these guys are doing and go to a lake and try some of their tactics and you will catch fish. Or you wont catch fish lol. Someone on this forum says that's why they call it fishing, not catching lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the wonderful world of crappie fishing. There are lots of variables that enter into catching rather than just fishing. One of the best ways to learn is to fish with a guide who is willing to show you the sometimes little things that add up to catching. Also do not hesitate to ask question especially on this board. There is a huge wealth of wisdom here. The only bad question is one not asked even if you think it is a foolish question.

After discovering the basics that work for you get out on the water every chance you can and apply those bsics. Do not hesitate to try new ideas...if one technique works for one person it may not be the best or even work for another.
    Ranger375
    [email protected]
    North end of Lake Shelbyville

whiplash Guest

Default tugaloo

monstercrappie.com has some very good books on crappie fishing ---stay on this web and t you will get some good tips,, but like the ranger said nothing beats getting on the water ---lots of luck///
    frank

Post Thanks / Like

Rango: I live not far from you. Lancaster County. The place where I am going to be doing some fishing is on Hartwell. The Tugaloo branch, therefore my username.

Dennis, I found a copy of Crappie World at Wal-Mart & I've read almost everything in it.

Can someone tell me what a "Tube Jig" is? Also someone in a letter to the editor said that since he changed to "red hooks" he's catching a lot more fish. Is this anything special, or just the plain, old hooks I catch bream on?

Tugaloo

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast