Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Where to get umbrella?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Where to get umbrella?

Going on a fishing trip in a couple of weeks. It will likely be hotter than the surface of the sun while fishing. I think I need some shade. We don't have a Sams or Costco, so where should I try to find an umbrella? It's gotta cover me and Slabprowler so it's gonna have to be a bigun. LOL

DaveB40 is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Have you called Gene at "EZ Poleholder"? I seem to recall that he was coming
    out with a umbrella for the Millenium seat rig. If not go online to Walmart and
    get a Sportbrella. If they don't have it in store, I beleive you can get it shipped
    to the store for 2 day pickup, but Gene would be my first choice. He's also a
    sponsor member of this site!
    "Both politicians and diapers need to be changed often and for the same reason" President Ronald Reagan

Proud Member of "TEAM GEEZER"
    Likes SpeckledSlab LIKED above post

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Amazon or Walmart.com
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by "G" View Post
    Amazon or Walmart.com

Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by "G" View Post
    Amazon or Walmart.com
    Or Home Depot or Lowe's (got mine at Lowe's for around $25 ... can't find receipt, but I think it's a 6.5ft diameter sport/beach tilt model)

cevans is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

This is about 8 lbs and works good. Works great and not heavy.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    authorized by: Billbob and "G"

Eagle 1 is offline Crappie.com Legend and Mississippi Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Ordered mine on line from Academy sports ,quick delivery . They had the best price on sports brella at the time . I got my holder from e-z but it was to hot to wait on the new one from e-z. Will probably order one from him when they come out and pass this one down to my son . His I believe are to be more protection from the sun .

Post Thanks / Like

I use the big pool one from Lowes and love it. It has crank open and closing. Really comfortable.
    Crappie Time

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shad View Post
    I use the big pool one from Lowes and love it. It has crank open and closing. Really comfortable.
    Figured I should tell you how I use it. My Ranger RT188C is the crappie version and has 3 threaded seat pedestal holders across the front. I put the umbrella in one of the 3 holders depending on where the sun is versus where I am fishing. The umbrella from Lowe’s I have has a separate pole that snaps in to the umbrella when ready to use it. I took a standard aluminum 13” seat pedestal that I had and took the plastic piece out of the top of it. Then I put the bottom umbrella pole down in to it. I went down about 4” and drilled a hole through the seat pedestal and the umbrella pole that is down in it and added a stainless bolt and nut to hold it together. Now the 13” aluminum seat pedestal holder is part of the lower pedestal for the umbrella. When I get ready to use the umbrella, I can now screw the lower umbrella post in to one of the three seat post holders that are mounted to the deck of my boat. Then I snap the top 7’ umbrella on to the post that is screwed in. I now have a solid umbrella stand for wind and traveling. When done fishing a spot, I crank umbrella back down and put a bungy cord around it so wind doesn’t effect it until I get to my next spot. Plus it doesn’t limit your view while driving. Works better than anything I have seen. I just go down to my drivers seat under the shaded Bimini and drive to my next spot. Works good. I can fish all day when it is bright sunshine and 95 degrees.
    Crappie Time

Post Thanks / Like

Sportbrella from Amazon.