Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Needed

Post Thanks / Like

Default Needed

Any of you catfishers have access to catalpa worms anytime this Spring or Summer? I would like to purchase a few hundred of them to salt a couple of trees here in Missouri. I have been looking at catalpa trees around here for the past 4 years and cannot find worms. Plenty of trees.....just no worms.
    I have found them online but don't wish to pay $8 to $10 a dozen for them. I just want to put them on a couple of trees here and see if they return in following years.

Thanks and good fishing to ya.

Bob

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

bwillaub, way back when I started worms on my trees I was told by an old guy to put a few worms in a fruit jar and place the open end of the jar ont spaded up dirt underneath the trees and by morning the worms would have gone into the ground. Well, they had and I've had worms on my trees every year since then, which has been for 10 or more years. My first crop of the year, which is usually small, has come and gone (bees and birds mostly) which usually happens. Wont be long now before they come on so thick they strip my trees. Gotta get a bucket of sawdust ready to keep 'em in.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Dep6 Guest

Not to intrude on this thread but has anyone heard of how to actually freeze catalpa worms? I was told in cornmeal, possibly. Ideas?