Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crappie tubes and Superglue

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie tubes and Superglue

I saw this idea on Crappie.com before. If you are using hollow tubes and having problems with the tube slipping down the hook everytime you catch a fish. Add a drop of superglue where the tube joins the jighead The glue will last as long as the tube lasts. It's a great idea.

Post Thanks / Like

Been doing it for a while and it works really well. Doesnt seem to affect the fish at all.
    Its all about how ya wiggle it!

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Guilty as charged ....

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman
    I saw this idea on Crappie.com before. If you are using hollow tubes and having problems with the tube slipping down the hook everytime you catch a fish. Add a drop of superglue where the tube joins the jighead The glue will last as long as the tube lasts. It's a great idea.
    Yes, Spidy ... I did say that -- I do just that --- and it works as stated.

I was having trouble with Bluegill grabbing the tails ... and when I set the hook, the jig came back with the tube pulled down on the hook shank. I used the glue as stated, and that problem was solved. It didn't stop the Bluegill from biting the tails, and it hasn't stopped Crappie from hitting the jig, either. I've even used a tube, glued to the jighead, until the Bluegill have eaten ALL of the tails off the tube .... Then, I just peeled off the tube core and replaced it with a fresh one. If there's any leftover glue glob, around the neck of the jighead, then I just use a pocket knife and clean it off.
    Having started using solid body tubes, that particular problem has not been encountered as often ... but, should it start, the Superglue is right there in the tacklebox, just waiting

..... cp

Post Thanks / Like

One caution, put the tube on the hook first. Add glue then snug it up. OR..., you will glue your fingers to the jig...OUCH!!! Been there... it does work great.
    PieEye
    "You can't fish with a landing net in both hands, you need one hand to put something back !

Post Thanks / Like

Been using it for years, it also helps to hold the jigs together when the fish are tearing them up. Jim
    Rudd fishing