Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Florida crappie fisherman upset

Post Thanks / Like

Default Florida crappie fisherman upset

Sick and tired of every time there is a FL chat on crappie it ends up a dead end. WE hear in FL love to crappie fish we are just stuck between a big O and a ocean with not to many place's to go. Love to hear them up north, ( any thing above the big O) stoies but what about us. We can only dream of a real " crappie " day of fishing........ O.K I feel better now, just had to vent out all the frustrations of not being on watts bar lake this time of year. Only have 8 years left till retirement from the FD and me and the wife will be up there. We all ready have the land on the lake. ( 3 acres ). Thanks for puting up with me tonight, just had a crappie day on the job.

Post Thanks / Like

Hang in there man. There are some pretty decent crappies down there. Head over to the stick marsh. Anyways, where about did you get some land? Go get some peacock bass. I would if I were there.
    Last edited by GRIZZ; 03-29-2007 at 08:10 PM.
    Good things come to those who bait.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

wbl, I feel it for you if you dont have many (or any) places to crappie fish. Right now we are catching large numbers of crappie. I do envy you having the ocean to fish in though. There's alot of bays and places I could run my little boat in and would have some fun catching the less popular fishes (such as some of the millions of smaller sharks) you guys have access to. Sounds like you need to finish up the work week and get a little time on the water to get thru the bad days at work bud! Dont let it get you down too much.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Default make an appointment

You need to come to Arkansas and see Dr Jerry or Dr Darryl. I bet they can cure your lackacrappieidus.
    DP
    I am a heterosexual male. 2 Chronicles 7:14
    "If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

Post Thanks / Like

Took my pops to the Big O last year, and didn't catch a single crappie for 24 hours. Most locals said the hurricains tore up jack, and the place won't be back to normal for 4-7 years. We packed up and drove back home (tennessee) by way of Mississippi. We took a 2 day detour. Once we got to Enid lake in Miss. we wore the crappie out. Caught 52 crappie (pound and 1/2 to 2 lbers,) in one spot, in 5 or 6 hours. We stayed at Enid the rest of our vacation.

WE LOVE MISSISSIPPI.
    "Dats.........uhh......NO-ICE.........FUSH!"

-Al Linder

Post Thanks / Like

When I was 18 my dad took me into the glades to fish. It was a blast! Besides the good fishing the nature I saw was just nuts. Gators as big as his boat. I sure would do it again.
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Waylonh
    Took my pops to the Big O last year, and didn't catch a single crappie for 24 hours. Most locals said the hurricains tore up jack, and the place won't be back to normal for 4-7 years. We packed up and drove back home (tennessee) by way of Mississippi. We took a 2 day detour. Once we got to Enid lake in Miss. we wore the crappie out. Caught 52 crappie (pound and 1/2 to 2 lbers,) in one spot, in 5 or 6 hours. We stayed at Enid the rest of our vacation.

WE LOVE MISSISSIPPI.
    There are no crappie in Mississippi:p .

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know the name of those gills they catch in the glades. But from what I hear??? I'd be after them. I guess they get HUGE.

I will say though, living down there you have more fishing opportunities then we here in MICHIGAN.
    Mike

flslabhunter Guest

Oscars is what the locals call them.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Dr. Pepper!!!!! Head for Lake Greesoon and Spring Crappie Camp. Jerry and Darryl will treat you so many ways you'll have to like one of them:-)

Seriously, if you havent been to one of their CC's you haven't lived. Good food good seminars and great fishing and fellowship. We just wish we could go again this spring. Wife said she is going to try to mail some brownies down for Jerry. To many ww points for Darryl:-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast