PDA

View Full Version : Crappie Quit Biting

FIN
03-29-2007, 12:12 PM
Wel they were biting good then just quit completely. What happened?
I caught a couple yesterday in the same place one had eggs.
Seems like they ran off and everybody quit fishing.
There hasn't been any weather change for weeks. Daily temps lower 80s.
I'm stumped :confused:
FIN

Bones
03-29-2007, 02:07 PM
Welcome to crappie fishing.:D
Maybe they got full?
Maybe they changed flavors?
Maybe they moved?
Where did they go?
Maybe they want it faster?
Maybe they want it slower?
Maybe they are scared of the boat traffic?
How should I hold my mouth?
Where is the moon?
Is the barometric pressure doing something?

Awww heck, crack another one open and enjoy.;)

GRIZZ
03-29-2007, 02:10 PM
You forgot predators, but thats pretty much it. Keep tryin.

Litebite
03-29-2007, 02:54 PM
You must have a bad storm brewing........

adacrappieman
03-29-2007, 03:14 PM
In oklahoma it's going to stop storming tonight sometimes.think tomorrows night bite will be any good?

fiddlefarter
03-29-2007, 04:44 PM
You forgot predators, but thats pretty much it. Keep tryin.

Yeah, What Grizz said--- Go Predators!!!! Big game against the Wings tonight!

I'd check the first drop or up shallower. Shallower first, easier to eliminate

sparky
03-29-2007, 06:32 PM
I got to micro jigs and bait and usually I will pick up a few extra.

Carl Palmer
03-29-2007, 08:07 PM
I think you will find either they have moved to a different depth or they are hitting a different color. It would really help to know where you are located, water temps, etc. I have found them on three different colors in the past week. The depth they were holding as of yesterday here where I fish was 4-6 feet w/water temps at 69 degrees.

gabowman
03-29-2007, 08:15 PM
Get a few minnows and drop a light over the side of the boat in 15-25' of water. Alot of the crappie have already laid out now. Fish are starting to come to the lights in numbers now.;)

willsjwills
03-29-2007, 08:15 PM
barometer has been too high around here to do any good. Fish will hit, but ya gotta stick it in his nose. He will make no effort to chase down supper. He is tight on cover. Fish slow and keep it in his face.

Jerry Blake
03-29-2007, 09:15 PM
There seems to be a slow day every week or so during the spawn and I call those "Moving Days". I think every now and then crappie pull up stakes and move to a new location during the spawn. It may be changes in water temperature or clarity, wind direction, increase or decrease in water level or maybe it's just instinct for them to try to spread out there offspring in as many locations around the lake as possible. One thing is for sure - when it's "Moving Day", eating is NOT a high priority.

Greenwing
03-29-2007, 10:33 PM
I noticed something interesting the other day caught a few fish after hours of fishing. When I got them home and started cleaning them they were full as ticks with 2-3 inch shad. Could have been they all of sudden decided to feed. And why would a fish bite that is already had it's stomach full. Sometimes Crappie can be the most difficult fish to figure out.

beenfishin?
03-30-2007, 01:19 AM
Uhm, are you all talkin bout fish or women??

Jerry Blake
03-30-2007, 04:55 AM
I noticed something interesting the other day caught a few fish after hours of fishing. When I got them home and started cleaning them they were full as ticks with 2-3 inch shad. Could have been they all of sudden decided to feed. And why would a fish bite that is already had it's stomach full. Sometimes Crappie can be the most difficult fish to figure out.

They do keep it interesting! If it were easy we would call it "Picking Fish" and we would have to pay people to do it. :)

DRPEPPER
03-30-2007, 07:10 AM

I have told this story before....
I sank some rice I was told to "dispose" of near our dock here at the port one time. A couple of days later I invited some customers here to fish. We caught all kinds of species. The cat fish we caught had rice spewing from every orifice. But, they still bit the shiners we offered. The crappie and white bass we caught were stuffed with bait fish. I guess something about the frenzy that was going on down there told the fish to gorge themselves.
DP