PDA

View Full Version : No wind 93degrees and They were bitting, but the fun was gone.

trypman1
07-11-2018, 12:25 PM
Kenny Poole and I fished together yesterday in the heat. We left the lake at 2:30, should have got out of there 1/2' earlier. Caught fish but could not get out of bed this morning. The feel like temp was 99. What started out as fun got to be a drag. PLEASE be CAREFUL out there.

jbird68
07-11-2018, 12:58 PM
If you're out in the heat stay covered and hydrated. We wear long sleeve performance t-shirts and this year I bought us face masks to protect us from the sun. But I still got burned on top of my feet wearing sandals.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

lowe175
07-11-2018, 01:30 PM
Yes it can be good fishing but you got to drink a lot of water. I've gotten to hot before and it can happen fast. By the time you release your getting to hot it's almost to late.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87936)

Hanr3
07-11-2018, 01:44 PM
I have an old 9' patio umbrella that I put on the boat for shade.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87936)

eagle 1
07-11-2018, 03:42 PM
Rule of thumb is to drink a bottle of water every hour once it gets to 85 and over . We grew up playing sports with no water during practice . From day one of my coaching career we had water and Ice on the field from start to finish . We did not take breaks but you could get it when you wanted it . You will learn to not over hydrate ,trust me . :biggrin Stay away from soda and Beer --------------------------while fishing . :cheers2

Cray
07-11-2018, 03:44 PM
104 heat index right now. Few years ago fished one of our fruit jars in this kind of heat. Took me about 1 1/2 to get where I could leave Enid. By the time I got up 55 to hernando about 45 miles I was cramped up so bad couldnít steer truck. Had to pull over and sit under truck a/c and drink gator aid for about 30 minutes before I could drive on home. Took about a week to recover and was a lot younger then. Donít play in this heat anymore, I donít care how good they are biting.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87936)

T_om
07-11-2018, 05:04 PM
My fishing buddy and I fished Lochloosa today. Calm, no breeze, stifling heat. Had to quit early and come home. Only caught a few Lochloosa runts anyway, so not great loss.

Tom

Crestliner08
07-11-2018, 05:33 PM
Sorry to hear about the excessive heat you are enduring. We just got through with a 7 day heat wave up here in the northeast as well, so I know what you are experiencing. Fortunately, my dear Dad gave me some sage advice; "you've gotta know your limitations"! These days, being an old guy, I know I can't do what I use to. Walt & I rarely venture forth on days with the temp climbing over the 90 degree mark. Life is just too short. Wish you all the best for moderating temperatures.

sinkermaker
07-11-2018, 05:41 PM
Sorry for the heat messing up your fishing trip. I very seldom fish during the summer and if I do I go early and come home early. To old to fight this heat.

ShowmeCrappie
07-11-2018, 08:28 PM
I just picked 150 bale of hay up out of the field and put in the barn.....talk about HOT
I don't even own a horse but the fiance has 4......the things we do for our women, all I know is she better not fuss when I want something new for the boat!!! lol

vfourmax
07-11-2018, 08:29 PM
Same here as I have emphysema so I avoid the heat and humidity.

Buddy that I fish with was talking about how screwed up the weather has been this year as all spring was Monsoon season raining constantly and as soon as the rain quit heat and humidity like we usually only have for a few weeks in August.

Told him the way it was looking this year maybe we would get to go by the 1st of October. The 7 day weather forecast is calling for 90 and above still every day for the upcoming week.

deltarat
07-11-2018, 08:52 PM
I just picked 150 bale of hay up out of the field and put in the barn.....talk about HOT
I don't even own a horse but the fiance has 4......the things we do for our women, all I know is she better not fuss when I want something new for the boat!!! lol
I don't miss the hay fields one bit. A friend and I put up 10,000 bales of hay every summer to pay our way to college. His dad had a hay field he wasn't using and my dad had the equipment. We baled it, put in the barn and sold it.

ShowmeCrappie
07-11-2018, 09:47 PM
I don't miss the hay fields one bit. A friend and I put up 10,000 bales of hay every summer to pay our way to college. His dad had a hay field he wasn't using and my dad had the equipment. We baled it, put in the barn and sold it.

If I had my choice I'd never touch another square bale!! In my teens and early 20's I didn't think anything about it, would do 1500-2000 bales of straw on a school night and like yourself bought several "toys" from hay money. 20 years later and 45 lbs heavier it is hard on me!! lol

Alphahawk
07-11-2018, 10:01 PM
Working in Saudi for 21 years you learn a lot about hot weather. Those of us who worked outside everyday would rise early to start the intake of water before you ever left the house. Then we just basically drank water all day...lots of water. Before heading to the missile site each day I hit the ice house to load my huge cooler with ice....to cover the water and a few sodas. Itís not anything to play around with. During my time there there were several westerners death due to heat. In my time there I was in heat trouble only 2 times....very lucky I survived those 2 times. Up until a year or so back the heat didnít really bother me....but now at 67 itís very hard to take. Found out in Saudi when you get old best to not be out in the heat....at least thatís how they do it...and they been living in the heat for 1000 years....or more.

Regards

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87936)

Pithon
07-11-2018, 11:40 PM
I don't miss the hay fields one bit. A friend and I put up 10,000 bales of hay every summer to pay our way to college. His dad had a hay field he wasn't using and my dad had the equipment. We baled it, put in the barn and sold it.You must've loved going to college. Lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87936)

trypman1
07-12-2018, 10:14 AM
Thanks for the replies and tips, I am just now starting to get around. So, here I come Friday. P.S- With plenty of hydration drinks & water.

trypman1
07-12-2018, 10:15 AM
Oh well, I tried!!

Nutbush
07-12-2018, 10:52 AM
Thanks for the replies and tips, I am just now starting to get around. So, here I come Friday. P.S- With plenty of hydration drinks & water.

I had better bring my boat!! I aint getting in that one!! LOL

CrappiePappy
07-12-2018, 01:33 PM
Oh well, I tried!!

You took that picture with the top of your phone pointing to your left :banghead ..... try it again with the top of your phone pointing to your right side !! That should make the picture post correctly.

deltarat
07-12-2018, 10:09 PM
If I had my choice I'd never touch another square bale!! In my teens and early 20's I didn't think anything about it, would do 1500-2000 bales of straw on a school night and like yourself bought several "toys" from hay money. 20 years later and 45 lbs heavier it is hard on me!! lol
When I got out of college and farmed, I got a 3 ton Stack hand and let the machines do the work.

deltarat
07-12-2018, 10:14 PM
I am 68 and I can make it pretty good under the umbrella if there is a breeze blowing. I got a little hot the other day at Sardis with not much wind and caught 75 fish. 75 is a lot of work in that heat getting up and down off the deck and reeling them in out in the sun. It was fun though.

Pithon
07-13-2018, 12:23 AM
Thanks for the replies and tips, I am just now starting to get around. So, here I come Friday. P.S- With plenty of hydration drinks & water.I think the umbrella side goes up

Sent from my SM-G900V using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87936)