HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ICAST 2018

Post Thanks / Like

Default ICAST 2018

I'll be at ICAST later in the week and I'll be checking out all the new crappie fishing goodies available. I'll share any good stuff I find with you all. Here's a little precursor from an Email I received from them already. This should be very interesting. Can't wait to see it in person.

Name:  unnamed (2).png
Views: 1108
Size:  128.7 KB
    New to Bobby Garland is the 2.25" Slab Hunt'R Minnow soft-plastic crappie bait.

The Slab Hunt'R has a bulkier profile than typical minnow-style baits and features a unique tail that is the easiest swimming one ever in the Garland lineup.

The tail's ease of movement makes it a particularly enticing choice for spider rigging and long-line trolling. It has "ribs" on its body for added vibration, plus holds scent. The deep body is also ideal for insertion of an optional crappie rattle. The Slab Hunt'R is available in solids, laminates and head/tail color choices.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best
    Thanks crp4570, rebranger thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I hope they have more head/tail colors than usual.

Post Thanks / Like

This is wild:

Name:  unnamed (3).jpg
Views: 998
Size:  38.8 KB

The new and patented RTD Rod Threading Device is the first mechanical tool designed to feed line quickly and effortlessly through fishing rod guides, a task many consider to be the sport's most frustrating process.

The invention is being introduced at this week's ICAST show by new company Erupt Fishing, who says the product resolves all of the common headaches associated with the necessary rigging step of feeding line through the rod guides.

The RTD, shown in molded construction (top) and aluminum models, use patented technology incorporating a bobbin to carry line through rod guides while spring-loaded arms allow one-way advancement without dropping the line.

Regardless of experience, most anglers know well the pain of accidentally dropping the line during threading and watching it back out of every guide just strung, or mistakenly running line through the guide's frame, or missing a guide altogether. RTD helps overcome these and other rigging hardships, including those influenced by foul weather or an angler's poor dexterity or hampered vision.

The unit's patented technology relies only on hand power to advance the device along the length of the rod.

The line attaches to the RTD's innovative bobbin with just a tug, not a knot. A guiding module provides a self-centering alignment over each guide, feeding the bobbin with line attached through each one along the way.

RTD works with most traditional rod guides used for freshwater and inshore fishing, casting and spinning versions, and threads even the longest of rods in mere seconds.

The clear-faced module "guides" the RTD over rod guides so that its bobbin self-centers along the way. Model RTD-P has a viewing window to observe the threading process.

"There simply had to be a better way to get line on a rod than how we've always done it with our fingers," said RTD inventor Patrick Marchese, who was inspired to find a solution by his own struggling moments with the process. "Even when everything goes right, rigging is time consuming and not much fun. My goal for such a product was to make sure it wasn't gimmicky and that anybody could easily use it."

After three years of development and numerous prototypes later, Marchese's product is ready for introduction. It weighs just a few ounces and measures about 4 inches long and 2 inches wide. The size fits easily into tackle box trays and anglers' pockets.

"When Pat showed me the RTD, my first thought was how much faster I could re-spool and rig my rods with it," said Bassmaster Elite Series pro Kelly Jordon. "The more I thought about it, the more obvious the benefits became ... from any serious angler who keeps multiple rods rigged on a boat deck, to youth event organizers who are always rigging rods. I loved the idea."

As a result, Jordon is now a partner in Erupt Fishing. So is Dave Mercer, a fishing personality and host of the Facts of Fishing TV show.

"Honestly, my first reaction was, 'I don't need it because that's what I do with my fingers,' Mercer said. "A few days later while I was rigging several rods, I kept thinking about RTD and how efficiently it did what I was doing. I called Pat and admitted he was right-on with this really cool new tool. I believe RTD does have a viable place in tackle boxes."

Each RTD comes with two clear "guiding" modules of differing channel widths that can be easily interchanged at the front of the unit. The rod's largest guide determines which module to use. A spare bobbin is also included in each package.

Model RTD-P is first on the market and features high-impact molded construction with a transparent window for viewing the rigging operation. MSRP is $39.99.

An aluminum-model RTD will follow soon, with additional features.

For more information on RTD and Erupt Fishing, visit Erupt Fishing.

Name:  Angler.jpg
Views: 945
Size:  49.2 KB

You know, with the long rods we use I think I may have to try this. With this device it would seem you could thread your line through a 14 ft rod in about two seconds. Could be real handy......Slab
    Owner
    Likes "G", Hanr3, mighty, SuperCorona, floppingcrappie LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for keeping us posted.

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow....every geezer like me needs one of those

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Slab View Post
    This is wild:

Name:  unnamed (3).jpg
Views: 998
Size:  38.8 KB

The new and patented RTD Rod Threading Device is the first mechanical tool designed to feed line quickly and effortlessly through fishing rod guides, a task many consider to be the sport's most frustrating process.

MSRP is $39.99.

An aluminum-model RTD will follow soon, with additional features.

For more information on RTD and Erupt Fishing, visit Erupt Fishing.

Name:  Angler.jpg
Views: 945
Size:  49.2 KB

B]
    I can't recall ever being frustrated lining up a pole. If you have bad arthritis it could be helpful. $40 for the base model is the most shocking part of it.
    Eric

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeh....but your still young
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Likes Hanr3 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I'd love to have that gizmo too! Arthritis puts a damper on just about everything these days. But that is a bit pricey. Could buy another rod with those bucks!
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crestliner08 View Post
    I'd love to have that gizmo too! Arthritis puts a damper on just about everything these days. But that is a bit pricey. Could buy another rod with those bucks!
    From what I read I think it essentially comes with two of them. Slightly different sizes. So dono, not a terrible price at all for the aggravation it'll save. imho.
    Owner
    Likes ad1974 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

After you use it several times and you say to yourself I'm glad I bought this gadget - It was probably worth the $$.

Sent from my SM-G530P using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Likes ad1974 LIKED above post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast