HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Next best boat seat after millennium?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Next best boat seat after millennium?

I'm doing a little remodel on my old aluminum boat and I just got Millennium seats. They appear to sit a little too high and are a little too big. I could deal with them being a little big but I think they're just a few inches too high. What's the next best seat that sits a little lower?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Just get some shorter seat posts

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Likes SlabSeeker0485, Redge, skeetbum, chaunc LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

It's as low as it can go.

Post Thanks / Like

If it's because the angle of the front of the seat is too high then reverse the base to the bracket, if still to high you may have to shim the rear of the bracket / base up to level it out. I had the same problem with mine, if installed like the manufacturer recommends the front angle of the seat is always to high usually. I don't use my millennium anymore because the cushioned seats that came with my boat are better IMO, think they are tempress but not 100% certain, but they are way more comfortable.
    Likes Swampseed LIKED above post

stormcloud is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

You can make your seat post any length you want them. Pull the bushing, cut them off, and put the bushing back in.
    Tell'em I'll be there.

Post Thanks / Like

These are the seats that I used for driving seats in my boat when I did the restoration on it this past winter: https://www.bassboatseats.com/collec.../products/fs30

They are thick, and the vinyl is nice and soft. The bottom padding is thick on them so they sit pretty high, so be aware of that. I'm not sure how you're mounting your seats...

I like my Millenium fishing seats because they aren't nearly as hot as a vinyl seat. I hate having my legs sweat and then "stick" to the vinyl seats.
    Likes SpeckledSlab LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

My 861 wareagle is narrow up front and I got off set pedestals and adjusting seat bases from grizzly jig.

Post Thanks / Like

Take the spring off
    1990 Stratos 285 Pro 200 HP Merc
    SpyderLok Rod Holders
    Proud Member of Team Watch The Finger!!!
    (662) 458-8925

Post Thanks / Like

I think I came up with a plan that'll work guys. When my dad had this boat he took the center seat out and put it on top of the bench here that I have the picture of and put foam underneath it. I took one stack of foam off and dropped it about an inch and a half and now it's at a good height. This is a picture of the bench with the slider G5 that I bought that allows the seat to slide on the bench. Name:  IMG_20180705_224552261.jpg
Views: 2068
Size:  55.7 KB

Likes SpeckledSlab LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Snubby View Post
    If it's because the angle of the front of the seat is too high then reverse the base to the bracket, if still to high you may have to shim the rear of the bracket / base up to level it out. I had the same problem with mine, if installed like the manufacturer recommends the front angle of the seat is always to high usually. I don't use my millennium anymore because the cushioned seats that came with my boat are better IMO, think they are tempress but not 100% certain, but they are way more comfortable.
    Do you want to sell them millennium seats?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast