Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Up at midnight!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Up at midnight!

Couldn't sleep for all the Fireworks.....walked outside on the patio and smell of gunpowder was so strong it was like I was back in the Tank or on the firing range again!! A Thunderstorm moving in from the East...and this will probably shut 'em down so I can get some sleep!!
    "If you ain't the lead dog, the scenery never changes" Unknown

Post Thanks / Like

I am with buddy here NC. Things just got settled down

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

They gave up around here at about 1230am (0030H) ... a lot more boom boom than last year, or at least in my local neighborhood area (within hearing range). Haven't heard the normal amount of sirens in the area, either ... so maybe there were less fires & accidents this year I hope so, anyway !!

Post Thanks / Like

I usually leave the house and drive around or go to walmart. I am not a fan of the fireworks.

Post Thanks / Like

It's not the fireworks in general that I don't care for, it's the idiots on the other side of the lighter that concern me!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Glad I'm not the only guy who strongly dislikes the fireworks. We had them going off on both sides of us. Boom, Boom, Boom. They did stop by 11pm so glad of that. It wouldn't hurt my feelings if they outlawed them completely.
    Likes armyman LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I hate them!!!!

Helicopter Pilot
    Vietnam 67/68
    Proud Member of the Southeast Asian War Games Team
    Likes armyman LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I have had Asthma all my life --- Now COPD ... The Sulpher shuts down my breathing -- going to watch is out of the Question because everyone Else brought their own so there is no getting up wind...

Post Thanks / Like

Like so many things now days, they have just taken in over the top. A new successful tv show comes on and within a few months there is a dozen just like it. Someone spends $300 on fireworks and the next guy feels he has to spend $600 and the next $750, so on and so on. Just had a man, locally here, have a couple of fingers blown off by his altering of firework to make it bigger and louder. Last I heard his fingers were on ice until they figured out if they can be re-attached. I'm surprised with amount of fireworks sold to untrained, careless individuals that there are not more accidents. We were fortunate to have had recent rains to lessen the fire hazard.
    Pass the "Sportsman Baton" on before you're gone, promote values for others to hunt and fish upon.