Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: cranking question

Post Thanks / Like

Default cranking question

So, I did some crankbaiting on the bluffs at LOZ this week... not a ton of success, but learning the process. Question, when you all catch one, do you circle back to go back over the spot or do you just keep trolling along the bluffs?

Thanks in advance! Is a fun way to catch them.

Post Thanks / Like

If I see more fish in my Garmin, I will mark and come back, If I get 2 bites, I will come back thur sooner.

Post Thanks / Like

Normally the areas that I have chosen are only a few hundred feet long. Could be a main lake point, bluff with a substrate change, a drop off, etc..

If I hook one, I'll slow down, land it, and keep going until I reach the end of the hot spot, then circle around and do it all over again.
    Likes trypman1 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I would try to see why I caught that one. Color, line out, over structure, over shad my limited experience they will be in several simular locations along a bluff maybe more concentrated in one area but you should be getting hit in more than one location. The bluffs I fish I usually catch fish in several spots along a 500 ft. stretch. Also I do not go straight but angle in and out looking for suspended shad. But I do not just turn around and I do not slow down to catch a fish unless it is a NTS and we have to net a big drum or catfish.