Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: This is hard for me to do

Post Thanks / Like

Default This is hard for me to do

This is hard for me to do, but i think its time. With a sadful heart i announce that i am going to retire from jig tying. There are several factors that contribuited to this decision. Lack of orders, tournment schedule, and other things. Thanks to everyone for the kind comments about my jigs, and thanks to those who ordered some. I may regret this one day, but its time. And i would like to say if you need some really nice crappie jigs, check out skip at thump it jigs. They are some of the best around! Again thanks
    Last edited by slab_slayer1; 03-28-2007 at 08:26 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Man you tie some beautiful jigs. If your not getting that many orders why quit? Just do the few you get and see how it goes for a while. You have a nice website already. I suggest you keep at it.
    Good things come to those who bait.

maverick101 Guest

Sorry to hear, If your looking at selling your supplies let me know i know someone that would buy it.

JAson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slab_slayer1
    This is hard for me to do, but i think its time. With a sadful heart i announce that i am going to retire from jig tying. There are several factors that contribuited to this decision. Lack of orders, tournment schedule, and other things. Thanks to everyone for the kind comments about my jigs, and thanks to those who ordered some. I may regret this one day, but its time. And i would like to say if you need some really nice crappie jigs, check out skip at thump it jigs. They are some of the best around! Again thanks
    I totally understand with you working and all the other things you have going and it's not a fast build business. I still have lot of time between orders sometimes. Seems I am loaded up or just tying for my self, LOL!

I think if I had a job and could work I wouldn't be doing it either, but I have no problems with my time being consumed. Shoot I can't fish all the time. Besides my back would be screaming at me if I was doing anything all the time even fishing.

Thank You for you really nice words and the complement. If you need anything that I can help with, PM me.

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Can I still get my Bumble Bee Jigs?
    Sorry to hear you are giving it up, but I know how hard it can be to find the extra time in a busy schedule. I still want to get together for a fishing trip when we can work it out. Maybe we can do slabfest in October, which I think is at Oconee this year. I'll give you a call soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Manz
    Can I still get my Bumble Bee Jigs?
    Sorry to hear you are giving it up, but I know how hard it can be to find the extra time in a busy schedule. I still want to get together for a fishing trip when we can work it out. Maybe we can do slabfest in October, which I think is at Oconee this year. I'll give you a call soon.
    Yeah i will have your bumblebee jigs for you. Now that i have a boat, when i get it rigged up for trolling, we can make a trip to Clarks Hill.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah i will have your bumblebee jigs for you. Now that i have a boat, when i get it rigged up for trolling, we can make a trip to Clarks Hill.
    I'll bet you are some kind of happy that you got that boat and now them old crappie better watch out huh?

Peak Vise Dealer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skiptomylu
    I'll bet you are some kind of happy that you got that boat and now them old crappie better watch out huh?
    I know i'm not that old, only 24. And some guys have waited longer than me to get a boat, but i have been trying for eight years to get a boat. But i got married at 18, and a house had to come first. But now that i got one its like you said, they better watch out!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I know i'm not that old, only 24. And some guys have waited longer than me to get a boat, but i have been trying for eight years to get a boat. But i got married at 18, and a house had to come first. But now that i got one its like you said, they better watch out!!!!
    Good for you and you had your priorities straight too!

Peak Vise Dealer