Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Pics of a few fish I caught yesterday

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pics of a few fish I caught yesterday

Lake of Ozarks crappie starting to move into shallow water in our part of the lake. We caught/kept these yesterday. Mostly whites and a few blacks. Threw back more than we kept.
    :D
    Nothing real big, all between 10" and 11 1/2". Also a couple of 13" white bass.
    All on various jigs, no color favorites.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    the trick to catch that finnicky speck....
    gently set the hook just before the peck

Post Thanks / Like

Nice. What part of the lake?
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nice job, Husker.

I'm heading down to our place at LOZ tomorrow night. How deep were they, what were they biting on, any other suggestions? I can't wait!
    - LOZcrappie (Scott)

I would not exchange my leisure hours for all the wealth in the world. --Comte de Mirabeau (1749-1791)

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up LOZ Crappie

Having problems with my Suzuki 4Stroke, so all of these fish were caught off our dock. Caught most in 3 to 25 feet of water, suspended between 3 feet and 8 feet down over brush, PVC, logs, concrete and small animals. :D Did not really matter what we used. Do not like to use minnows, take too long and love the way crappie hit jigs. Will try small crappie crankbaits tomorrow if I get a chance. Only problem with them is the treble hooks--taking the time to unhook the fish. Slab busters worked very well, but could only catch about 6 or 7 per skirt as they get hit pretty hard and because of their design, have a tendency to not last longer than that many hits. They are a super crappie-getter, caught both the white bass with a slab buster also. Color did not make a lot of difference, but the fish preferred a slow presentation, but are really beginning to chase a slow-moving jig as the water warms, so no need to just vertical jig as we had to 10 degrees ago!
    We are on the Niangua Arm, but I have friends near the 45 MM that have been catching crappie for 3 weeks.
    Good Luck!
    the trick to catch that finnicky speck....
    gently set the hook just before the peck