Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Twin lake michigan suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Twin lake michigan suggestions?

Hello,

Every year my family visits twin lake michigan (near muskegon) for a week. We fish the small 177 acre lake looking for pan fish and crappie. The lake is 19ft at its deepest. Typically we find 5-10 ft of water. Lots of weeds not much in the way of structure and or ledges. Its generally pretty hot 85-95 degrees mid day. My best success so far is trolling with beetle spins, jigs with different bodies and #7 shad wraps (repala). I can generally get 3-4 a morning and about the same in the evening. Mornings is just me. Evenings is 4-8 of us i have been reading about the vertical method as well as using floats.

Do you think this will work on this type of lake? Any other suggestions? We have lots of kids 7-17 and would like to find an easier method to catch fish with them. (Im happy to try anything when they arent with us.)

Not an expert and likely to mess up whatever method you suggest. I have been watching/reading your methods but detail would be helpful!!
    Thanks in advance.

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Have you asjed about TwinLake on the Michigan board ? https://www.crappie.com/crappie/michigan/ Somebody there might fish that lake or know about it. I would look for shade... laydowns, logs, stumps, grass lines etc. Any cover that produces shade.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

I had not. Thank you very much!
    I have ordered the sauce for the record