HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Minn Kota Ultrex

Post Thanks / Like

Default Minn Kota Ultrex

Been wanting a I-pilot trolling motor for a few years but didn't like how slow the motorized trolling motors turned, when I bought my boat it had a Minn Kota All Terrain on it and I hated everything about it. It was slow to turn and the foot pedal was hard to operate but it finally met it's demise when my wife was pulling my boat back from the lake and it came unlatched three times and smacked the highway. 😁
    I bought a 80 Minn Kota Maxxum after that and love it but after learning that Minn Kota put a cable steer and a regular foot pedal on a I-Pilot I had to try it again. I ordered a 80 Ultrex yesterday and can't wait to give it a try. Does anyone have one and what do they think of them? Thought about getting the 112 Ultrex but I don't have any room for a third trolling battery.
    Think this will be handy trolling crankbaits, drifting for catfish and putting the position lock on while trying on.

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

PM Snubby, he has one. I have fished with him and it's a pretty Awesom motor. Best of both worlds.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Likes Bigby LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

You are going to love it.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have one Brian and I really like it. Best money I have spent for fishing. It’s the best of both worlds. SpotLock and jog feature is used everytime I fish no matter how I am fishing. Rigging, dipping, casting bobber or trolling cranks. You will love it. Should have gave me a holler before you ordered. We have been getting several of them lately and can compete on pricing.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jigging15 View Post
    I have one Brian and I really like it. Best money I have spent for fishing. It’s the best of both worlds. SpotLock and jog feature is used everytime I fish no matter how I am fishing. Rigging, dipping, casting bobber or trolling cranks. You will love it. Should have gave me a holler before you ordered. We have been getting several of them lately and can compete on pricing.

Didn't know you had them, should of checked first.

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I have fished with a friend that has one...I like it. If I wear my terrova out I might just get one.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Likes Hanr3 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

You won't be disappointed, the Ultrex is a great trolling motor. I've had mine on two different boats so far in the last year, never had a days trouble out of it. The spot lock works flawlessly and the feel of that cable style foot pedal with electric steer assist can't be beat. Not sure what size boat you have, but I have an 80# with a 60" shaft and was getting 9 or 10 hours of pulling cranks at 1.3 to 1.8 mph for up to 10 hours with two group 27 batteries on a 18' fiberglass boat fully loaded with two men. One battery went bad and now I got 31's barely knock a dent in them after 5 or 6 hours of pulling cranks.
    Likes "G", SpeckledSlab LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Snubby View Post
    You won't be disappointed, the Ultrex is a great trolling motor. I've had mine on two different boats so far in the last year, never had a days trouble out of it. The spot lock works flawlessly and the feel of that cable style foot pedal with electric steer assist can't be beat. Not sure what size boat you have, but I have an 80# with a 60" shaft and was getting 9 or 10 hours of pulling cranks at 1.3 to 1.8 mph for up to 10 hours with two group 27 batteries on a 18' fiberglass boat fully loaded with two men. One battery went bad and now I got 31's barely knock a dent in them after 5 or 6 hours of pulling cranks.
    Cool, I was wondering how long the batteries would last trolling. I have a 20ft aluminum Lowe Roughneck so I should be ok with the 80. Made my belly hurt a little buying it so I hope it's worth it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bigby View Post
    Cool, I was wondering how long the batteries would last trolling. I have a 20ft aluminum Lowe Roughneck so I should be ok with the 80. Made my belly hurt a little buying it so I hope it's worth it.
    You go with the 60 or 45 inch shaft?

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Brian I have seen know difference in battery usage between it and the Fortrex I took off.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast