Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: rod opinions

Post Thanks / Like

Default rod opinions

i was wondering what kind of rods everybody else uses for casting and retreiving and veritcal jigging. I like my 6'0 falcon ultralight for casting and a 12 bnm jig pole for vertical jigging.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Weezer'srods

I got "several" of weezer's (crappie wizards) rods and like them a bunch. B&M is supposed to be redoing them but don't know when.
    2008 Buggs Bash Champ! SML Dock Shooting King!

Post Thanks / Like

thanks wvspec

Post Thanks / Like

I just purchased two to Richards signature series rods made by B&M, (12 footers) Haven't been able to try them out yet, but they are the same quality as his older ones. Great rod's!!!

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Casting rods ......

Quote Originally Posted by slabmaster09
    i was wondering what kind of rods everybody else uses for casting and retreiving and veritcal jigging. I like my 6'0 falcon ultralight for casting and a 12 bnm jig pole for vertical jigging.
    I can vouch for .... Sam Heaton Sig Series 7' & two Duckworth FnF 8' (originals) are my "casting" rods
    Now, since I don't do any "vertical jigging", per se, I can't rightly comment on that ... :D ......... cp

Post Thanks / Like

I have a couple of Falcon rods as well and like them just fine, but my favorite for tight lining is an Avid St. Croix 7' Med. Lt. I have a couple of B & M Ultimate 10' jigging poles I troll with and a Wally Marshal Pro Series 10' on it's way.

Since I use a lot of Power Pro line I am getting more and more happy with the 10' poles since they have a lot of give when fighting the fish. The long bend helps forgive the no stretch line.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Default rod opinions

Every pole tha I have is B&M. I use an 11 foot jig pole most of the time, but when fishing in thick brush, i use a 10 foot ultimate. it has more backbone and gets bigger fish out before they can tangle me up. most of the time

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a caster, not a jigger. I have a bunch of light/UL spinning rods from 4.5' to 7.5'. I have Loomis, Fenwick, Quantum and Bass Pro models. Loomis is my favorite, but they all cast light jigs and fight fish well.

Post Thanks / Like

Have several Rapala 7 ft and 6'6 ft Xtreme Ultra Light spinning rods and very happy with them.

Post Thanks / Like

I like the Wally Marshall rods that I have,and I just got a Whuppin' Stick glass crappie rod to try out.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast