Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rigging a Pontoon

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rigging a Pontoon

Well after some serious thoughts and deliberation I traded my XP200 off for a tritoon!!
    I hope I don't regret the move, the Xpress has served me well but wanted something I could get "multi" use out of.
    The tritoon is a fish/cruise model so I have some rigging to do on it, hoping to see some ideas of how some of you have your rod holders mounted!!
    I currently use Hiteks and was planning on mounting them on to the tritoon. Any do's/dont's when it comes to mounting transducers etc etc etc.
    Likes blueball LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I built risers for my rod holders to bring them up to the top of my rails. I did not want to clamp them on the rails and scratch up the paint. Mine too is a multi purpose rig. I have 8 rod holders on the front and 4 on each side for what ever type of fishing I want to do. I have a sun deck on the back, so I am limited to fishing from the front.

Post Thanks / Like

Yo DeltaBull, you are being paged....

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone else? Pics maybe?

Post Thanks / Like

I bought an old sun tracker24' three years ago and rebuilt it mainly for fishing. I put the console in the center to give walk-around space to all sides. I did not put any pontoon seating on my boat but elected to just use moveable chairs. The tracker has a 4 ft deck in front of the main fencing with a split short fence in the front. I mounted a powerdrive v2 up front and have 2 4 rod hi Tek pole holders mounted up there for spider rigging. Just enough room for 2 chairs there and is comfortable to fish.
    On the sides I mounted 9 spiderlok rail mount rod holders. Three on each side and three across the back. I can use these for pulling cranks or titelining for catfish.
    I have my main transducer mounted on the back of one of the pontoons and when spider rigging I mount a chirp 7 up front with transducer on trolling motor.
    My pontoon has a hard top so I mounted rod holders on the top support posts to hold up to 8 long rods while transporting.
    If I could change anything about my boat I would have gotten a stronger trolling motor ( I'm using a 45 lb. 12v ipilot) but it does fine when it's not too windy. Other than that I wouldn't change a thing.
    Likes SpeckledSlab LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I've got an older 24' Lowe pontoon needing re-decked and an older 70 h.p. Johnson to push it, if I run out of projects. it will be set up to fish & shrimp. Mine has the hard-top like deltabull's, I like the way he mounted the rod racks to it. The center console is an idea I've pondered also. I too have the 45 lb Minn Kota for it, but I hope to locate a deal on a Minn Kota Riptide when the time comes. Good thread, I feel for ShowmeCrappie giving up the Xpress as they are fine boats.
    Pass the "Sportsman Baton" on before you're gone, promote values for others to hunt and fish upon.
    Likes Ttexastom LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

What model pontoon did you get? I’m thinking of trading my Phoenix bass boat in for a Pontoon because of my young kids. Hard to get them all on a bass boat. I’m curious if anyone e spider rigs from a pontoon boat?

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Bennington fish and cruise that I fish from. I had Gene that makes the spyderloks make me a pair of custom mounts. They bolt on the rail then I mount the crossbar from the spyderloks on them. I unbolt one hand screw and can take the entire rod holder set off. I am fishing in the morning and will get pics. Also the spyderloks are without a doubt the best holders I have ever used.
    Likes micorps, strmwalker LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Here is a pick from Saturday and you can see the mounts and rod holders.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Likes micorps, mac LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replies! It will be a fun journey rigging it and hopefully will serve it's purpose well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardent_Angler View Post
    What model pontoon did you get? I’m thinking of trading my Phoenix bass boat in for a Pontoon because of my young kids. Hard to get them all on a bass boat. I’m curious if anyone e spider rigs from a pontoon boat?

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    I bought a Trifecta 23 FC-SS with the 2.75 performance package, 200 hp yammy. It has two seats up front along with two benches up front but no seats in the rear. I have looked and looked and all the rigs with 4 point fishing seats has so much open floor space it seemed a waste to me. I looked long and hard at Sunchaser models but a couple of my neighbors at the lake own them and have had quite a bit of trouble out of them but they do have the better layout for fishing on the 2018 models.
    To answer your question on spider rigging there are 3 guys there that spider rig from theirs which is what prompted me to go that route!

Name:  boat.jpg
Views: 1798
Size:  25.7 KB
    Name:  boat2.jpg
Views: 1991
Size:  40.2 KB
    Likes blueball, mac LIKED above post

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast