Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lure retriever

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lure retriever

Does anyone have an opinion on lure retrievers? What you’ve found that works the best? Homemade or store bought. I’m going to get one to keep in the boat, I’d like to make the best decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Can't find the one that I have, but this is very close. Can't get a picture right now since my boat is at LOZ, and I'm in STL. What's important is the chains. They grab the hooks and make it much easier to free the lure. If I recall correctly, I've only lost one since I got this one. Hope this helps.

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/bass...lure-retriever
    Even a blind pig finds an acorn now and then.......

Post Thanks / Like

i have one I think they call groundhog or bulldog or something along those lines. it doesnt have the chains on it, but mine works about half the time. i fish in alot of sunken cedars.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jbornhop View Post
    i have one I think they call groundhog or bulldog or something along those lines. it doesnt have the chains on it, but mine works about half the time. i fish in alot of sunken cedars.
    Hound dog. I have one too. I haven't used it yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Here is the one I made works quite often. I need to make another one with a bigger snap for when I am pushing as the snap will not go past the weight. If I make another one I would have the chains 9-12 in long the ones on it are 6 just think it would work better. Hold your line tight snap on retriever send it down and shake till you feel it grab the hooks give a steady pull and lure comes loose sometimes bends or breaks hooks be sure to check.Name:  IMG_2656.jpg
Views: 1554
Size:  99.0 KB
    Likes south point, SpeckledSlab LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

home made use a swivel eye trigger snap add 3 solid link chains with 1/8 diameter hooks 3 or 4 hooks add 8 oz. of lead and you will the best lure retriever I have ever used . the hooks are for when your lure is hung in fishing line.use 3/16 nylon rope so that you can break or pull up any weight fishing line .
    Likes INDyak LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks fellas, these are great. I know I’m not the only one who’s going to benefit from this thread. Thanks for your input.
    Likes Jamesdean LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I've got this one.

https://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabe...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

It works fine. I just don't use it for plastics, as I don't like pulling up a big chunk of environment for a quarter. Fancy lures on the other hand is fish remodeling time.
    Eric

Post Thanks / Like

For jigs I use used spark plug tap the gap closed around line and drop it down the line ,it gets 9 out of ten loose as quick as tying on a new jig.to take plug off use a small set of side cutters or needle nose with side cutter.

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I use a 4 oz bell sinker with a snap swivel attached. Just clip the sinker on your line and slide it down to the lure. Bounce it a couple times and it usually pops right off

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast