Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Night fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Default Night fishing

Well, this heat wave got me thinking about night fishing. Was going to try and use one of the submersible lights, but I'm not sure where to set up for in a night location. Any info would help. Set up on the flats, on the flats near deeper water, drop offs, points, outside weed lines, etc. Would appreciate hearing on what's worked for everybody else.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NoMore32 View Post
    Set up on the flats, on the flats near deeper water, drop offs, points, outside weed lines, etc.
    At night and if I'm in a new or unfamiliar area my first go to is bridge pilings in 25 to 30 ft deep and use your electronics to see where the fish are and fish just above them, or just start out at about 18 fow and adjust up till they bite. My second choice would be same procedure but along a ledge or drop off preferable in the bend of a channel.
    Likes SpeckledSlab, NoMore32 LIKED above post

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NoMore32 View Post
    Well, this heat wave got me thinking about night fishing. Was going to try and use one of the submersible lights, but I'm not sure where to set up for in a night location. Any info would help. Set up on the flats, on the flats near deeper water, drop offs, points, outside weed lines, etc. Would appreciate hearing on what's worked for everybody else.

All of the above

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Likes NoMore32 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck on your night expedition, Lonnie84 has give you a nice start. Stay safe and think PFD.
    Pass the "Sportsman Baton" on before you're gone, promote values for others to hunt and fish upon.

Post Thanks / Like

cruise around till you mark suspended fish. i like inside turns of the outside weed edge on the man basin or at least deep water. they can be anywhere though. we set out 2 bobber rods and toss roadrunners, into the darkness, with the third rod. i like to get to the lake before dark and search.
    Likes SpeckledSlab, NoMore32 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

My brother and I will get on the water before dark and cruse around. We usually set up in 19 to 21 fow. We use a green submersible light along with 2 floating lights with 2 lanterns hung over the side. The lights bring in the zooplanton which brings in the minnows which brings in the crappies. We let the fish tell us where they are and how deep. They generally come to the lights. If we don't have any luck at first, we move till we find them. It usually doesn't take long to find them. Good luck.

Sent from my LGL62VL using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Likes NoMore32 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Appreciate the replies, just the info I was looking for. If anyone else wants to jump in, please do.... The more I read , the more I learn.

Post Thanks / Like

no, the more you fish a lake the more you learn. they all have their quirks. some lakes are deep some shallow some clear some muddy and some called lakes arent lakes at all but reservoirs. spend a night taking the wife for a romantic boat ride. she wont even know you are searching for fish holding areas.
    Likes Pithon LIKED above post

cevans is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Don’t forget the bug spray.

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    authorized by: Billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

You aren't kidding about the bug's. That is why we hang the lanterns over the side of the boat. Sometimes the bug's are so thick, there is a sheen of bug's on the water. The minnows feed on the bug's as well as the zooplankton. That brings the crappies right under the boat. I love the night shift.

Sent from my LGL62VL using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast