Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Looking for good rod holders .

Post Thanks / Like

Default Looking for good rod holders .

Does anyone have any input as to which brands hold up?Im mounting them on a pontoon with a rail , but will make adjustments if nec.Thanks in advance.Eric.
    Commercial fishermen help feed the world.

slab_seeker Guest

Santee Specials are what I use. Never had one bend or break. They are made right here in Granite Quarry ,NC (Rowan County)

Brokenboat Guest

hard to beat a driftmaster pro or lil pro bass pro shops have alot of them

Post Thanks / Like

i have half inch driftmasters and three eights driftmasters on my boat. the half inchers are my favorite. if i had it to do over again, id have stuck with half inch all the way. nothing wrong with the 3/8 ones.. i just prefer the 1/2 inchers
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone for your responses.I have been looking at the driftmasters at carolina sportsman.Did you make your own mounts rango, or did you mount them right to the boat?
    Commercial fishermen help feed the world.

Post Thanks / Like

i made me some t's out of 1/2 inch galvanized water pipe makin the stem the height i wanted and the arms the lenght so i could mount four holders on each rack. i bought the 7/8 inch rail clamps from driftmaster that clamp around the waterpipe perfectly. the clamps are expensive, but i bought what i need over a period of three or four years. they come drilled and tapped for either the 1/2 in or the 3/8 inch rod holders. i mounted the t's to the boat with round pipe flanges. this is not a method youd wanna use if you gunshy about drillin holes in the boat.what i like about the way ive got mine fixed is you can adjust them left to right or up or down indipendently of each other. if i had a pontoon id run a rail down each pontoon rail out of the half inch water pipe and clamp the holders to it instead of drilling holes for the rod holders. you cant adjust them for up or down by drilling holes through the rail and mounting the holders direct. like i said, half inch water pipe works perfectly on the 7/8in mounts.

Post Thanks / Like

i think id look around and compare prices as the prices for the holders and mounts vary a good bit from store to store