Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chevy or Toyota--Canada or USA

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Chevy or Toyota--Canada or USA

I am a diehard GM person. I went today to look at new trucks. Test drove a Toyota Tundra & Chevy Silverado. In my opinion the Toyota won every category with the exception of interior luxury. I then looked, as I always do, at place of manufacture. Chevrolet- Canada-----Toyota-USA...... I then went to my 95 Tahoe and looked...What a surprize---Mexico.

I am USA oriented and buy my products made in USA whenever possible...

Please give me your opinion on the trucks
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

Default neither

F-150 baby!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Don

I currantly own a 97 Toyota Tacoma 4WD and a 2002 Toyota 4Runner and Have not had either on of the two in a shop for anything but an oil change. Mine came from Princton Indiana USA. I know the guy that does oil changes at my dealership and he see's these Toyota trucks come in everyday with over 200,000 miles on them and they still run like a top. Next time you look in your newspaper at used trucks, take notice at how few toyota's are for sale. People keep them and run them forever. If you do decide to get rid of your Toyota. The resale value on these trucks are no comparison to the competition. The new Toyota's don't rust and my next truck will be a Tundra
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool trucks...

MOPAR rules..right now!!! gotta get new (to me anyway) truck soon...as a mechanic... Nissan Titan, Toyota Tundra, Dodge Dakota and GMC Sierra all look verrrry interesting....gotta get up close and personal to make final decisions.....haven't had time or desire yet...window shopping right now...but you gotta buy what makes you happy after all you're gonna be driving it...for me I've gotta have 4x4, extra cab, V-8=towing, tow package--larger alt.--radiator--tranny cooler--etc, AC, p.windows and locks.....just your normal stripped down truck..ha ha ha :D
    Tighten er down till ya strip it--then back off 1/4 turn..
    HEY,,Y'all watch THIS..........

Post Thanks / Like

To be honest with you, it's hard to beat the quality of a Japanese product. Alot of people wont buy Toyota or Nissan because they consider them a foreighn product. In a sense they are. They are owned by Japanese, however most of their products are made here in the states by American workers providing American families with jobs. Seing how as I work for Nissan, I'm partial to them. Nissan provides me and my family well and I have no complaints. We get all the news about the competition and as far as quality goes, Toyota wont be beat. As far as customer satisfaction goes, Nissan leads the competition on alot of models. Toyota is projected to take over the big three within 10 years or so. Nissan is expected to crack it not far behind. The only reason Toyota hasnt done it yet is simply people think they are buying American when they are buying Chevy and Ford. DonG proved that not to always be true. I am pro Nissan all the way. Leaving all partialness out of it, I will go with the facts. Nissan Titan is considered the strongest full size truck on the market right now. I have talked to people who are strictly ford and chevy people and they have driven the Titan and are very well impressed and said there is nothing comparible to it right now. Styling is another thing. I think the new Altima, Maxima, and Titan are the best looking vehicles on the road, and they are Nissans. Good luck on your decision, and help my job security and buy Nissan. Catch lots of crappie in the mean time.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have had Fords, Full size Dodge and Dakota. I now drive a 4WD Tundra and it is by far the best I've ever had. I just got rid of a company provided Chev van and had a lot of problems with it. My wife drives a Camry.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Hey DonG:

They make the Toyota Tundra in Princeton, IN. They employ a lot of hoosiers and Kentuckians there as well as many Illinoi. All good Americans.

My neighbor had a Toyota Tundra and he liked it. One of the girls that lives in the neighborhood works at Toyota and her husban drives a Toyota Tundra too.

Toyota really has been a blessing to the local ecomomy as they also buy lots of goods and services locally. And their presence had brought other ancillary business to the area. Now I don't benefit from much of this except that maybe some companys may pay a bit higher wages to attract workers as Toyota hired everyone and pays pretty good wages.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

My 1985 Nissan is still running good. It has over 150,000 miles on it and it's going on 20 + years old now. Dad had a 1973 Datsun pickup that went over 200,000 miles before the front end wore out. My Nissan truck has had a new clutch and new brakes installed but not much else has gone wrong. Well the radio stopped working after I had the windshield broken and replaced with a new windshield. AC pump finally went out after 18 years of service. I am putting on a new drivers side Lower door hinge as the factory one is wearing out now. I am still able to get parts for the truck which is a good thing

I would think that Toyota would be just as good as the Nisan trucks. I wish that Nissan would style their new trucks like they did back in 1985 as I love the style of my current truck. Nissan went to a more boxy front end in the 1990 and I didn't prefer that design as well.

I bought a Chrysler 1990 Mini Van and liked it. I saw my X wife driving it still last year at Wal-mart. So it must be still running ok after ten years. After we bought that vehicle the transmission went out and we have to have it repaired within the first year.

]
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I started out die hard Chevy. With time, things changed for me. I still miss my 1st Chevelle! I now have to give the nod to Toyota products even though I was UAW for 7 years. Just to show you the irony of that, our union buttons were made in Japan. No B.S.! I still drive a Ford Taurus too though.

I have been owning and driving Toyota stuff since '81. Money well spent. I have a 2 WD 1 ton LB, a '91 Corolla, and an '89 4x4 extra cab. I had an old '78 Hi-lux that had 389,000 when she finally died. She got stolen and driven into the Mississippi River one drunk night is what finally did her in. But that is another story!

FYI If anyone is ever interested, my brother is a mechanic that specializes in Toyota truck parts. Just drop me an email if you are needing something whether it be a trim part, or an engine. I am sure he has it. He has owned and taken apart or fixed over 150 Toyotas in the last 12 years or so.

<,"}/>{ Rippa
    Last edited by Tim The Lippa Rippa Mon; 01-27-2005 at 08:58 PM.
    Just one more cast, I promise!
    Common sense isn't all that common these days.
    Take the Time & Take the Kids

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a new Toyota Land Cruiser back in 72. The best 4 wheel drive I have ever owned. The thing was a brute. I lived in the Rockies back then and would spend weekends driving over mountain passes and through dry river bottoms on boulders with friends. Never failed me. I rolled it 4 times one drunk evening on a squirrely road. It was never quite the same after that. Nor was I.

My brother owns a tundra 4X and he pulls his boat with it. He loves the truck. I drove it an was impressed with the way it handled. He's had it for two years and never had a bit of trouble.
    "You should have been here yesterday!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast