Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Help me add seats to my bench seat boat

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help me add seats to my bench seat boat

So I fish out of this old 1974 monark boat my father gave me. We just got back from a good week fishing in Canada and we both think we need seats for back support in the future. The picture below is what I'm currently sitting on. I add a cushion to it like it shows to get me to the correct height. I think I'm going to need something that will allow me to slide the seat some left and right. Maybe like the G5 slider The Slider - Slider G5 - Slider Boat Seat - Jon Boat Seat Mount. I think I'll lose a few inches in height once I take the foam off and the seat cushion and I'm wondering if I can just use wood between a chair and the swivel base to make it the height I need. Any help is greatly appreciated. Name:  IMG_20180627_190140516.jpg
Views: 579
Size:  50.5 KB

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

The slider mount and a nice seat like tempress will likely put you a few inches higher than the pad.

Post Thanks / Like

You can add height, if needed, two ways, either put a couple lengths of wood under the slider, or, add a short pedestal/ post between swivel base and seat. I think the pedestal / post is better solution, and looks better. Just be cautious with adding too much height. I don't have pictures, or the boat any longer, but I used this, with pedestal on a flatbottom jon boat that I used for fishing and duck hunting. Elevated seat for fishing, lower seat for ducks.