Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Two Bagger

Post Thanks / Like

Default Two Bagger

Struggling to catch fish, the spawn was awesome and my new spyder poles I was catching fish. Then the heat wave hit and I lost all confidence. Should I try spyder rigging again above structure or try and pull bandits around

Have not tried pushing with my new poles, thinking about trying that with 1 oz weights from Bass Pro

We are eating fish we caught ice fishing, my son is growing like crazy. We had three people and I grilled two quart bags of crappie and they were gone. We made tacos one of our favorites.

thanks for any advice

our water is warm 85 and we have rain

Post Thanks / Like

Since I rarely troll, l have no advice on that. Shooting deeper water docks is my favorite hot weather tactic.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

Post Thanks / Like

Try trolling or power trolling from front. If what you was doing isn’t producing then trying new won’t cost anything but catching fish. Do some idling to locate fish and not their depth. Adjust length of line on the bandits and run between 1.5-1.8. Go to the Mississippi state form and read the 100 plus page sticky on trolling cranks. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Haven't had time to go this month so far but what I would do is find some structure in deeper water and vertical fish it. Under bridges around cement pilings are also a great place to vertical fish also. Thanks CrappiePappy after I tried this it saved me from going home empty handed quite a few times. Check vertical casting here:

https://www.crappie.com/crappie/crap...tical-casting/

Here is some more information on ways to crappie fish also:

https://www.crappie.com/crappie/crappie-fishing-styles/
    Be safe and good luck fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the pointers, going to give it another try

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Don’t know if you have black crappies where you are but they will stay shallow all summer. I’ve been catching them for years on brushpiles in eight to ten foot water. Fish the side of the brush with the most shade and you should do okay. Jig and bobber for me. Small hair jig in black or chartreuse tipped with a wax worm, maggot, or crappie nibble is very effective. Also, any shallow brush that is below the tree line early in the morning will hold some fish too. The water stays cooler longer until the sun gets above the tree line there. If no brush there, put some there. Just hope it doesn’t become a community hole as people will see you catching them there and claim the spot as their own. Haha. Use this info. It will definitely help you.

Post Thanks / Like

pitch under deep docks if you have some ….
    look (with electronics) at humps and drop offs with cover on the edges as well
    they didn't leave the lake they just relocated …
    of course I am no pro but that's what I would do ….
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Likes CrappieFiend816 LIKED above post