HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Green LED Fishing light....at least 10000 lumen

Post Thanks / Like

Default Green LED Fishing light....at least 10000 lumen

Can anybody point me in the direction of where to get a green fishing light w/ upgraded shipping? I am planning a trip this Friday night and everywhere I have looked the light will not get to me until Monday. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Caleb

Post Thanks / Like

Try Amazon they have some great lights.
    LittleJohn

Post Thanks / Like

That is where I have looked. Won't get here until Monday. Tried Amazon and Ebay.

Post Thanks / Like

Did you find a light? At least 10,000 lumen?? I have not used it yet but I bought a LED light with only 1000 lumen. Is it not going to be bright enough to do any good?

Quote Originally Posted by clangford View Post
    Can anybody point me in the direction of where to get a green fishing light w/ upgraded shipping? I am planning a trip this Friday night and everywhere I have looked the light will not get to me until Monday. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Caleb

Post Thanks / Like

i dont think they have to be super bright to work. if you can find a green one, buy a white one, and wrap it with green saran wrap.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn54 View Post
    Did you find a light? At least 10,000 lumen?? I have not used it yet but I bought a LED light with only 1000 lumen. Is it not going to be bright enough to do any good?
    Here is the link of the one that I ordered. Going to be trying it out this Friday but I am sure it will work good b/c a buddy that I go with all the time has one and it looks just like the one that he has. I am hoping it puts off the same amount but I went the cheaper route with this light because once I did research, you can see that they have lights upwards of $300 and I didn't want to spend that much. Hope this helps

https://www.ebay.com/itm/121969818168

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by river scum View Post
    i dont think they have to be super bright to work. if you can find a green one, buy a white one, and wrap it with green saran wrap.
    I didn't even think about that! I wished I would have thought about that. Could have saved me some money. Have you tried wrapping a light before? How long did the wrap last?

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats of getting a light. Night fishing is awesome. Just a warning this light does not put out 10,000 lumens. These lights use standard 5050 Green LED lights that put out 500 lumens per meter. So to get to 10,000 lumens you would need 20 meters (60 feet) of cable. At that point you would also need a special LED driver and heat block. It is just marketing talk.

Some key things to look into when getting a light
    1)How do they seal the system. Since we use these in lots of wet conditions any water can ruin these systems quick. Make sure they are completely sealed and have double waterproof connectors.
    2)How rugged are they? Our gear takes a beating. Will the light hold up and not fog up? What is the light built of and can it take your usage pattern.
    3)How do they verify the lumen? There are specific lumen meters that prove how bright they are.

This light at lostduckoutdoors .com has been tested to put out 4,000 lumens and was built specifically professional fishing. Sure you may pay more but you will only have to buy one once.

Have a great night out on the water and be safe!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lostDuck View Post
    Congrats of getting a light. Night fishing is awesome. Just a warning this light does not put out 10,000 lumens. These lights use standard 5050 Green LED lights that put out 500 lumens per meter. So to get to 10,000 lumens you would need 20 meters (60 feet) of cable. At that point you would also need a special LED driver and heat block. It is just marketing talk.

Some key things to look into when getting a light
    1)How do they seal the system. Since we use these in lots of wet conditions any water can ruin these systems quick. Make sure they are completely sealed and have double waterproof connectors.
    2)How rugged are they? Our gear takes a beating. Will the light hold up and not fog up? What is the light built of and can it take your usage pattern.
    3)How do they verify the lumen? There are specific lumen meters that prove how bright they are.

This light at lostduckoutdoors .com has been tested to put out 4,000 lumens and was built specifically professional fishing. Sure you may pay more but you will only have to buy one once.

Have a great night out on the water and be safe!
    Can you shoot me the link to the lost duck light?

Post Thanks / Like

I bought 2 submersible lights off Amazon last fall and used them a good bit. They work great. 6-8 times last fall and had no issues with them. They are 1000 lumen. I couldn't possibly see why you'd need 10,000 lumens. Two of these lit up way more area than the boat "footprint" They were a little over 20 bucks each. If you are a prime member, it will be at your door in 2 days. This is the exact light that I bought:

https://www.amazon.com/Amarine-made-.../dp/B01G51K8UO
    Thanks clangford thanked you for this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast