Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nibbles will get one more chance.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Nibbles will get one more chance.

As I have said before, I've yet to catch a fish on a Crappie Nibble or Crappie Bite. I'm going to try once more when I go to Kerr Lake in March. I intend to rig a couple of poles with 2 jigs. Normally I use a 1/16 oz jig while trolling so I'm going to add a 1/32 oz jig and just use the nibbles on it and see what happens. Whatcha think?
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Default they seem to work for me

I would not give up on them yet. I put a nibble on with my tube jig and have caught some fish. I don't think they are the answer to catching fish but, they don't seem to hurt your chances either.
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

Post Thanks / Like

I have found when double rigging that the lower hook catchs most fish.If you flat line with a 1/16 th and plan to double rig, I think the heaver jig works best as the lead or top bait followed about 18" by the 1/32. I would put the nibble on the top hook. If you catch more on it, I believe you can say it helps the bite. When tight lining a double hook rig, I use all 1/32's. I think the same test would be conclusive. Put the nibble on the top hook.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been using the chart nibbles and am happy with them. someone on the board here said they push the nibble all the way under the skirt of the jig. I was sloppy about putting it on and sometimes didn't even cover the point of the hook. duh.

But I can say they they seem to work for me. The other day my wife caught a bluegill off the ramp just using a nibble.
    "You should have been here yesterday!"

Post Thanks / Like

First Find a spot that you know has crappie that are in a bitting mood.

Want to test the nibbles then put out two identical fishing lines side by side and bait them identically (use same type hooks or jigs) except for one using crappie nibbles (Charturse color) and the other without the crappie nibbles. Put them side by side and at the same depth. Keep them about 1ft apart so that any crappie nearby will see them both at the same time. The line that catches the most fish over a hours time is the winner. My money will be on the line using the Chartuse crappie nibbles if your water is anything like the one's I use. I read recently an article about human scent on bait. The autor of the article was a doctor and used gas chrotomagrahs to detect and help him isloate different chemicals given off by humans. One was called L-serine which is given off more by men than woman and children. Some men have more of this chemical in thier bodies. Those guys will be the ones that have a hard time catching fish if they don't wash their hands and or cover up the L-serine with other chemcials. I think that this is what fish attractants do. They not only attract the fish but they keep the fish from sensing the bad chemicals in the water and being scared away. So Dr Juice Says. He sold me on this theory.

I hope you catch many fish which ever way you decide to go.

Disclaminer: I am not affilated with Berkely or get anything in return for my praise for their Nibbles

I was introduced to Berkley Crappie Nibbles by Frank Ison two time winner of the Crappie USA Patoka Lake spring tournament. He showed me about 20 huge Patoka Lake Slabs that same day he gave me a half used bottle of Chartuse Crappie Nibbles and a few jigs to try out that day. I figured that a guy that had won the tournament against teams from all over the USA should have a good system so I listened to him. Man am I glad that I stopped my boat that day and asked him if he was catching any fish. LOL I learned more about crappie fishing since that time than ever before. I also found crappie.com after I got home and started searching the net for crappie information.

First find an area where you know there are crappie. Some place where you can consistantly catch crappie at a know spot and depth using live bait.

I use crappie nibbles but I think that live bait Minnows still is hard to beat.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

I will not go to the lake with out the nibbles. I go through around 40 cases of them per year. Another good thing to take with you are wax worms. You can get them from Grubco. Plus they are a sponsor of this web site. Give them a call. 1-800-222-3563.
    My 2 cents worth.
    Have a crappie day!:D [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Default From A Serious Guide

If Richard uses them that's all I need to hear
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1weezer
    I will not go to the lake with out the nibbles. I go through around 40 cases of them per year. Another good thing to take with you are wax worms. You can get them from Grubco. Plus they are a sponsor of this web site. Give them a call. 1-800-222-3563.
    My 2 cents worth.
    I think the key work here is "lake". I normally fish cyprus stained coastal rivers and that may be the difference. Thats why I said I'll try them once more at the lake. I've heard a lot about wax worms but never tried them. Are you using live ones or the bottled type?
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Live ones straight from Grubco.
    Have a crappie day!:D [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I know that fish can smell them and will hit them because of the smell. I just can't say for sure whether they create a difference for crappie. I use them when my wife and I go to Oklahoma. When we have them on a jig we catch a bunch more small largemouths and bluegill than without. I have seen others have good success with them when the water was stained real bad. Theory being they can use their smell when sight is bad. But also as mentioned, there is nothing quite like putting a live minnow on that jig though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast