HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best producing crankbait colors?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Best producing crankbait colors?

Looking to get into pulling or pushing some cranks. I have a few but no multiples of any color. I'm just wondering if you guys could share your 2 or 3 best producing colors for varying conditions. I don't want to have to spend several hundred dollars just starting out. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
    2005 Ranger 178VS
    150 Yamaha VMAX

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Pico Mudbug
    Pico Bone Orange
    Pico Simply Awsum
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff
    Likes chaunc LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Well each brand has different colors. Some are similar and most are not. Any shad color will work. Bandits colors which produce well regularly are mad cow, mistake, bubble gum, and blue/Crome black/Crome colors. Arkies colors are Crome clown and any rainbow colors. Picos, well simply awesome and wolverine are producing pretty regular.

However any any medium size crankbait and under will catch crappie under optimal conditions. Hit the yard sales and clearance bins for good buys. Don’t forget shad raps and the list goes on and on.
    Likes chaunc LIKED above post

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Bandits : Orange Crush - Awesome Pink - Solid Black (with silver metalflake, if you can find them)

Post Thanks / Like

Bandits in chartreuse, pink, red, natural colors, red/yellow, pink/yellow, mad cow are all good producers for me. One of the best is the Academy house brand X2O CRULD in charteuse, also a Norman Little N midnight sun. And the strike king slab hammer in chartreuse. Rapala JSR 5's work good as well in blue/orange and hot olive. I hope that helps. And remember, two of each color are not enough. You never know which color will work best on a given day, and that's the one color that you will probably lose to a hang up.

Post Thanks / Like

Get a few light, and some dark, then a few shiny. Fine tune from there. Remember most strikes are coming from below, for me belly color and side color make a difference, back color rarely does.
    Likes bandchaser, trypman1, SlabPappi LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. This has given me a good idea on a selection to stock up on.
    2005 Ranger 178VS
    150 Yamaha VMAX
    Thanks crp4570 thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Good today or good tomorrow?

I own hundreds if not thousands of cranks from different companies in different sizes, colors, and profiles. A good bait in one body of water sucks in another!

Stick with one company to start and gain confidence with their baits. Buy colors that match your favorite jig and soft plastics combos. Also get natural colors that match bait fish in the area.

I use Berkley size 4 and 5 flicker shad a lot. Great for black crappies in Michigan which people say are tough to target while trolling.

I'll publish an article next week on this subject.
    Likes Slabprowler, crp4570, skeetbum, silverside LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I use a lot of shiny chrome ones. If I had to buy a few to get started, I would go with Chrome, pinks and chartreuse. Th black back & blue back chrome are my favorite.

Post Thanks / Like

Bandit Toad Frog always produces, no matter what lake.

MEMBER CRAPPIE MAFIA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast