Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: For all you folks looking for Pico cranks.................................

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default For all you folks looking for Pico cranks.................................

................there are at least a half dozen huge gar on KY Lake with a variety of Pico patterns stuck in their faces from this week. Man, a gar won't let one of those things get past!!! The Totally Awsum is a gar favorite. The 2-3 footers are no problem, get them along side and rip the crank out with the pliers. It's those 4+ footers that cut the line on strike or do their tarpon dance before they rip thru the 12 pound Trilene Big Game and head for parts unknown. I've had to order twice in the last week to replace INTs lost to both gar and huge catfish. I didn't even mention the broken line with slime 3+ feet up the line from where it broke. All the drag in the world won't keep them from rolling or just heading the other way like a jet ski. BTW, my clients love it but my CPA doesn't. Mitch loves it too!
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Lots of fun !
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Likes Pico LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Ouch! Hate losing them cranks!!

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm with you Doug. I hated losing baits, and your fish just plain run BIG. Glad to hear you're staying busy.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

At least you found the bright side of the story for one that has to be a pain in your behind.

Post Thanks / Like

I hate gars!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Those gar are definitely hard on lures. I can attest to the power you speak of, we use to gig them. The smaller ones could be taken on “fixed” head gigs, but if you didn’t use “detachable” heads on the larger ones their powerful thrashing would just tear them loose almost every time.
    Pass the "Sportsman Baton" on before you're gone, promote values for others to hunt and fish upon.

Post Thanks / Like

10# gouls, love them also.